Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger in South West?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
On the Tesla Supercharger map it seems to show a new Supercharger location in the South West sometime in 2016 i.e. this year! As someone who regularly travels down that way I'm interested in where exactly it will be and when it's likely to be up and running. Does anyone here know about this?
Thanks
LGM

The pin on the map was placed at Cornwall Services. However, I heard recently that location still has an Ecotricity exclusive (it's not a motorway service area, so didn't get freed up in the Tesla/Ecotricity settlement).

Plymouth would be a bonus, but it is such a low population density area, it is probably not viable. Likewise Scotch Corner up the A1 could be good, but again low density/low social awareness is a factor. Glasgow - definitely a good idea. Coming to Tesla from another EV, I am both used to and quite comfortable with paying for my energy whenever I go out of range, so it is not as though these areas are complete no-go zones to Teslas altogether. I have a bunch of cables and adaptors.

Try not get to drawn into the idea that all the placements of the Superchargers are soley Tesla's decision. There are some locations where a retailer or a hospitality-provider has made an extremely good, mutually beneficial and financially compelling argument for the placement of a Supercharger.

It is not all about persecution of the Northlings, Jon Snow.....