TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Supercharger in West Palm Beach FL (FOUND and CONFIRMED)

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Oldschool496, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

This was quick and unconfirmed as it is very close to where I work and play. My associate sent me this pic as its located at the corner of Blue Heron and Garden Rd. Wawa Station. When they built this Wawa a couple years ago, it was such a large piece of property. SO if its true, it should work great. Lots of traffic though. Tesla is trying to move away from Dyer rd. Supercharger. I just checked other sites and this one came quick. I will drive by tonight and confirm for myself and report back if others have not already. Really be much better for those coming off 95 and the turnpike.

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  2. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

#2 Oldschool496, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Confirmed 8 stalls Non-operational currently. If time permits I'll look closer at how far along it really is.

Drove through last night, its real, it was quick and unannounced from what I can tell.

This will be the way its going to be. It'll be second nature and just start popping up like everything else.

• Like x 1
  3. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

@Larry Chanin can you put this into the right forum please? thanks.

4. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

See pic. Just East of I-95 on Blue Heron Blvd. Just 1.6 miles from the Tesla store in Riviera Beach.

This should help the issue with the Tesla service and new car delivery teams using the Superchargers all day long.

7289 Garden Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33404

20181203_073822_1544398000366.jpg

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  5. Racerx22b

Map for reference. 8 chargers in total. What you see is what you get.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.44.57 PM.png

• Like x 1
  6. FloridaJohn

FloridaJohn Member

Interesting. I work like three blocks from there. I'll have to go check them out!

Still kind of a desert, though. Not too many restaurants or things to do around there (aside from the Wawa).

7. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Thanks for the update @Racerx22b

The new location will definitely be a step up compared to the current charger location- especially for folks coming through at night.

8. Racerx22b

Please be our test "dummy" and let us know once they are live. They usually go live a day or so before we see them on the Nav Map or Tesla website.

9. ToddS

ToddS Member

Has anyone tried charging at the Gardens Mall?

I was in the area the other day and low on charge. It didn’t occur to me to try it, but I made it home fine.

10. Racerx22b

Are you talking about the chargers installed for the Tesla store?

If so, I pulled up one day and some spots were open so I started charging. About 20mins later I get a call from Tesla asking me to move my car because they are only allowed to park their test drive cars in those spots. I guess a few cars were out on test drives?

They pulled up my Tesla account from my VIN and called me. LOL

• Informative x 2
  11. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

If there is a right forum, please instruct where that is, so I don't put it in the wrong one again. Thanks

Went by yesterday again, Transformer wired to pole, meter in and electricians installing high voltage lines to Chargers and other equipt.

Testing, Inspections, then it should be done if I see correctly. These guys are fast. FPL certainly fast. Now lets see if the city is fast to sign off on the work. Of course, I missed the whole rest of this process.

IMG_4440.JPG

• Informative x 1
  12. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

Meter and Transformer, real busy Wawa though, real busy.

IMG_1289.JPG

• Informative x 1
  13. outdoors

outdoors Member

Will be there tomorrow. This route is on my daily run/jog. So I will keep everyone apprised. This is a new charger location, maybe just a title mod might help others find, or add it to the existing Riv. Beach SC. Let the mod gods figure that out.

14. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

Florida

15. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

16. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Please refer to my previous posting. Please report any status or current photos in the New Supercharger in West Palm Beach FL (FOUND and CONFIRMED) thread. Thanks.

Larry

17. FloridaJohn

FloridaJohn Member

Here is the status today. Looks like they are still working on the electrical part, but seems like it is pretty close to being finished.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  18. Racerx22b

Ugh.... lots of ICE vehicles in those spots. Hope those are workers and not a sign of what is to come.

19. FloridaJohn

FloridaJohn Member

The pickup trucks are definitely the workers. However, that Wawa is very busy and I would not be surprised to see half the Supercharger spots ICEd at any one time during the day. We'll have to see how it goes once they get it completed.

20. outdoors

outdoors Member

Spoke to the guys in the white work trucks this am. They said it is ready for commissioning and testing. And then the standard refer to the website for updates line. Very nice guys.