Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger infrastructure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a new Supercharger station spotted at Etobicoke, ON Canada, opened March 7, 2018. Max power, still 135 kW ?
IMG_0409.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure what you're saying here. It sounds like you are suggesting that these particular SCs can output 135 kW? But your comment is a bit vague.

OP is asking if the SCer can deliver max 120 KW like most superchargers on highways or if these are more like "urban" superchargers which can deliver max 72 kW.

I would like to know the answer to this also.

they certainly "look" like "urban" SCers but that may simply be cosmetic.

OP is asking if the SCer can deliver max 120 KW like most superchargers on highways or if these are more like "urban" superchargers which can deliver max 72 kW.

I would like to know the answer to this also.

they certainly "look" like "urban" SCers but that may simply be cosmetic.

Sure, but... why is the question being asked? They look like 72 kW urban superchargers... therefore, they are 72 kW urban superchargers, unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise? Are there any other urban superchargers which have been 120 kW? That's what I was asking, why does OP think this specific site is not 72 kW?

The more compact stations will be used in more populated areas, and can deliver up to 72 kW worth of charge. The first function stations are already set-up in Chicago (10 units) and Boston (8 units).

As, and unlike today’s larger Supercharging stations, “charge splitting” doesn’t come into play if more Teslas are in the area getting a boost.

To increase efficiency and support a high volume of cars, these Superchargers have a new architecture that delivers a rapid 72 kilowatts of dedicated power to each car.– states Tesla

No charge splitting (like old Superchargers), full power to each car connected ! (see comments from "AJ's Tesla Model X").

Tesla-urban-Supercharger.jpg

Similar situation in Arizona where they were charging at faster speeds initially, but then lowered a few weeks later.

New 16 Stall Urban SuperCharger at Scottsdale Quarter
I think that was a misread. No one said these are charging over the Urban max of 72. That ‘today’ meant the normal SuC maximum with the shared supply for two units.

So some Urbans charged over 72 when first installed? How would that happen when each one has its own supply and a max power limit?

I think that was a misread. No one said these are charging over the Urban max of 72. That ‘today’ meant the normal SuC maximum with the shared supply for two units.

So some Urbans charged over 72 when first installed? How would that happen when each one has its own supply and a max power limit?
Oh, I see.

Here are the relevant quotes from Sasmania in that thread (which is what I thought was happening here at Etobicoke).

"Note, the picture of the P100D dash is the 2nd car (not mine) that charged at 107Kw (faster than advertised) and 268MPH"

"The electrician I talked to said they had to turn down the power from what it was originally, yet it's still higher than 73"

upload_2018-3-18_16-3-35.png