Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger Location - Speculation/Prediction Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointed by Bloomsburg PA. That's at least 40 miles out of the way when traveling PA-15 N-S, and only 65 miles from Tannersville PA. It came up quickly, so perhaps we can hope it was a "site of convenience" and may be augmented with something farther west near PA-15.

I think this is the first fruit of the Ruby Tuesday's Supercharger deal we heard about a few months ago - possibly located there because they had a Ruby Tuesday's with easy access to a transformer more than an ideal geographic location.

Updated with the confirmation from for #5

1) I-95 Exit 48 (Westbrook Shopping Area) Google Maps
2) Boston Area (Maybe Cambridge)
3) I-90/390 Henrietta-Rochester Area
4) I-80 Dubois, PA Google Maps
5) I-80/180, Bloomsburg, PA Google Maps {{Confirmed}}
6) I-81/476
7) NYC Area (Manhattan/Jersey City/Hoboken/Brooklyn?)
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank or faith north?)
9) I-95 / 276 Philadelphia
10) Maryland House {{Confirmed}}
11) Eastern Shore (Grasonville)
12) North East Washington DC Area
13) I-64 Charlottesville Area
14) I-81Staunton Area
15) I-79 @ US50 East Point Shopping Center
16) I-79 Exit 1

Updated with the confirmation from for #5

1) I-95 Exit 48 (Westbrook Shopping Area) Google Maps
2) Boston Area (Maybe Cambridge)
3) I-90/390 Henrietta-Rochester Area
4) I-80 Dubois, PA Google Maps
5) I-80/180, Bloomsburg, PA Google Maps {{Confirmed}}
6) I-81/476
7) NYC Area (Manhattan/Jersey City/Hoboken/Brooklyn?)
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank or faith north?)
9) I-95 / 276 Philadelphia
10) Maryland House {{Confirmed}}
11) Eastern Shore (Grasonville)
12) North East Washington DC Area
13) I-64 Charlottesville Area
14) I-81Staunton Area
15) I-79 @ US50 East Point Shopping Center
16) I-79 Exit 1
Looks like #7 is Tarrytown.

Any chance of an SC at Charleston, WV to bridge the gap between Lexington KY and Lexington VA?
It would allow people traveling from the Midwest to central VA to avoid DC area traffic, and not have to drop down all the way to Knoxville.

Not only that, but I'd love to see one near Farmville, VA near 15 and 460. Would really help be able to avoid traffic and possible SC congestion going east/west or north/south through Central VA.

There's already a Ruby Tuesday there, whom Tesla has an existing SC partnership with, and also a Sheetz, who was at one point rumored to be in talks with Tesla.

We're reaching the time of year where SC build-out in the northern states slows down, but you can do SC installs in VA year-round.

Hopefully after the new year, we'll start seeing more SC permits being pulled for Spring build-outs up north.

New 2017 projection (wish list) map posted on Tesla's web site. Looks like some changes from the 2016 projections. Looks like a site in Dover or Milford Delaware. Maryland House appears to be gone.

Thanks. Looks like I-80 is about to get the attention it deserves. And I also see one that is really important to get to Rochester, in Corning NY. Now the speculation can begin about the order of events...