TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Supercharger locations in 2017, WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by MikeBur, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

from Find Us | Tesla

Locations still look tbd, though looks like Seattle downtown (at 5th street condos on Madison and 5th), Bellevue (on main and Bellevue way) near the park are being targeted toward those in DT condos...?

• Like x 1
  2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Ok, obviously too keen here. Noticing that if you just use google maps and type these locations, these are all the default locations... lol

Seattle, Bellevue, Lynwood, snoqualmie, Sequim, Olympia, Arlington, Forks, Wenatchee, Okanogon
    Ritzville and Ellensburg (presumably more chargers?)

Even Monroe isn't listed as being at the Fred Meyer we know it is :)

Still great news overall assuming not over-promising.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Sorry, I rated this funny, but just the last line, really...

• Like x 1
  4. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

I was hoping the blobby bubble north of Portland on the old non-zoomable map would have been 20 or 30 miles north, but looks like it's shown in the city of Portland instead.

Based on Seattle, Bellevue, Tigard and Portland showing new Superchargers and each having a store and/or service center (soon to be in the case of Portland) - is it reasonable to assume these would be installed at the same location as the store/service center?

5. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I was a little disappointed that Forks is not scheduled for 2017.

6. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee MS 85D HW1 Late 2015

Gotta watch out for those vampires...

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Strange they show a supercharger coming soon to Mt Shasta, but don't show the one that's already there. I was also hoping that SR-14 on the north side of the Gorge would get a supercharger.

• Like x 1
  8. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

I thought that the Aberdeen area had a Supercharger in the works to fill in the coastal 101 route between Forks and Astoria. I see no evidence of that on the new map.

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

In the works? It's been there and powered up for months!

My bet with this and the many others that seem to be missing is that it was a coding error and they'll fix it.

• Like x 1
  10. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

Surprised to see one going in at Arlington. South Seattle and routes to Mt Rainier still not covered well.

• Like x 1
  11. msgfromside3

msgfromside3 Member

That is my biggest disappointment. I really wish Mt Rainier is being covered. Not sure why there is Arlington planned when there is already one in Mt Vernon. Is there a large population with Tesla in Arlington commuting to Seattle area?

12. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

This is a bit of a head scratcher for sure. Enumclaw would be a much better option to cover the Mt. Rainier NP and Crystal Mountain traffic.

• Like x 2
  13. wdolson

There was a big controversy over the Aberdeen supercharger. Shortly after it opened, I think it was the mayor who had pushed the approval through for putting it on city property admitted to owning Tesla stock and there was a big mess with conflict of interest. I know the city council was going to vote to revoke Tesla's permit, though I never followed up on what happened.

Just looked it up and apparently the city council renewed the contract:
    Tesla Supercharger in Aberdeen will remain open after conflict of interest determination

I just looked at the map again and Aberdeen is there now. They must have updated the map overnight. I also notice the original Mt Shasta charger shows up now and it was gone last night. Maybe somebody responsible for the map is reading this thread?

It looks like US 395 north of I-80 won't be getting much attention this year. A supercharger in the NE corner of California would make it possible to get from Bend or Klammath Falls to Reno.

Rather than double up the superchargers in Springfield, OR and Grants Pass, I wish they would put one in Roseburg, OR. Roseburg works better when going down I-5 from the Portland area in an 85-100 KWh car. Grants Pass is right at the ragged edge of a 90's range, though a 100 could probably do it. Springfield is a little short.

• Like x 1
  14. Yarder

Yarder Member

Aberdeen is back on the Tesla map.

• Like x 1
  15. Yarder

Yarder Member

Forks IS on the list for 2017.

16. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I'm just going by the label that comes up when you click on the icon for the proposed site.

They either are tagged as "Target opening date to be confirmed" or "Target opening by end of 2017"

Forks is in the former category.

That said, there are still a lot of inaccuracies on the map that are being resolved, so it probably doesn't mean anything.

17. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

I sent a note to the webmaster at Tesla.com and it appeared today.

• Like x 2
  18. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

19. Sather

Sather Member

I believe the locations of these dots are the locations that show when you select 'Seattle' or 'Bellevue' as a location in Google Maps. The actual dots (SC locations) will be somewhere else in Seattle, Bellevue, etc.

• Like x 1
  20. wdolson

If you click on those coming SCs it usually says
    "Exact timing and specific location may vary"

In Portland they show two, one in downtown and the other in Tigard which happens to be where the service center is. I suspect the Seattle and Bellevue locations might be planned for the service centers there.

• Like x 1