Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger locations in 2017, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the typical person who lives in DT Seattle, probably drives significantly less for commuting.

I live on cap hill. The challenge is the elevation and inefficiency. My commute is roughly 10 miles round trip but it uses roughly 15-20 RMiles per round trip. The battery is cold in the morning. Speeds are too low for regen even downhill (usually to a stop light). And there is lots of stop and go as well as 400 feet of elevation. So even the LR only gets me about 2 weeks between charges at which point I ditch it for a Sunday at a garage with a flat rate parking/charging.

I'm afraid of what winter is going to do even further to that range. Car out of commission for an entire Sunday every week?

The super chargers can't come fast enough for DT or SLU Seattle or even u village.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kermee
I think the typical person who lives in DT Seattle, probably drives significantly less for commuting vs. the reason why Issaquah needed Urban Superchargers. My guess is most people who live in DT Seattle, work in DT Seattle. And a random trip to the "suburbs" or finding a random L2 charger (free or fee) is enough to "top-up" for them. — I have several friends who live in DT Seattle, apartments, condos or otherwise, pay for an expensive assigned parking spot, and lease expensive vehicles of which they literally only drive 1,000-2,000 miles a year, tops. Replace their ICE with BEV, and you'd probably see the same situation where they really don't need to charge that often.

That's one guess.

My other guess is, where the heck would they put it? ;) Though if and when one goes up at University Village, that would be a great location.

When I commute to Seattle from "the burbs", I just charge at home. USpC in DT Seattle would be nice, but I would rarely if ever use it. My guess is it would be used mostly, by DT Seattle Tesla owners who just finished a long trip over the weekend instead of charging up somewhere else along the way at an existing SpC location.
Or possibly someone coming from out of town that is staying at friends apartment with no way of conveniently charging etc... I think you were questioning why there’s no DT chargers and no compelling reason to install any? Seattle isn’t a very convenient place to visit for a Tesla owner. The lack of charging infrastructure is rediculous.

Last edited:
upload_2018-11-15_16-45-6.png

Map

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Great find. My rumor source suggested the location was next to Pioneer coffee, but that was quite a while ago and there were some issues that still needed fixing. Maybe Tesla decided to move here instead.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kuhz
Great find. My rumor source suggested the location was next to Pioneer coffee, but that was quite a while ago and there were some issues that still needed fixing. Maybe Tesla decided to move here instead.
I'm not really very hopeful. The survey area comes right up to the building, which sounds more like something attaching to the building. I think it's a Destination Charging spot, and someone told the contractor it was for Tesla equipment, so that's what they put down for the responsible party. I think it will be a DC, getting power from the building and located in the direction of Airport Road.

For those near or passing through Cle Elum -- there is a new-ish 811 survey listing supposedly for Tesla there. Looking at it, I don't think it really looks like a Supercharger. Sometimes these things get mis-entered or there is a misunderstanding. It may just be a DC installation.

This also on LNI website:

after the 11/19 inspection we will have better idea about the scope of the project?

upload_2018-11-15_16-42-25.png

Nice find. I looked in the L&I and didn't see that.

But that description doesn't sound like a Supercharger to me:

View attachment 352965
Everyone should be advised that GreenLots is installing one DCQC (ChaDEMO/CCS combo plus one J1772) in Cle Elum, just like the one at 3rd Street in downtown Ellensburg. Cabin Creek electric was on that permit. My rumor source “thought “ that Tesla and GreenLots might co-locate, but it’s not a given. My guess is that substantial utility upgrades will be required for both, so they may need to split the two locations (although I’d like to see them both closer to Pioneer Coffee).

Well, looks like all the WA locations got moved to the classic "Target 2019 opening." Even Bellevue, which is supposedly ready to start construction and said Fall 2018 last year. Another interesting point is Snoqualmie is still on the map even with the Issaquah opening. Perhaps Tesla knew it will be a busy site with only 8 chargers and Snoqualmie will have another 8 ;)