Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger map!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Just saw this on Twitter
88A237BE-61DE-44F6-8A2C-8B5AFA4915D4.jpeg

I screenshot the Canada map and I will see if anything changes

Reactions: rpm001 and jlund
I don't see what the excitement is all about. On the tesla.com find us map, there are a LOT of "coming soon" dots that are superchargers that are seeking permits/are under construction. I don't have a special count of all the "coming soon" but I don't think Elon was trying to tell "There a super secret sweet supercharger that no one are aware of that will pop out in the next week" kind of thought, but rather "Don't despair if there aren't a supercharger in your area, the supercharger network is an always expanding thing and we'll keep investing". The latter should surprise anyone and/or make the news.

Then again, I could be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: wallstguy and Chuq
Good thing I did what I did. Just spotted a new dot in Aulac NB and in Enfield NS as compared to Halifax NS and Truro NS in the last map, see below.
4117A810-73C8-4FA1-95D1-3326272327D7.jpeg EDIT: can’t help but wonder what opening soon means as compared to target opening by end of 2018.

Attachments

• 5B72A075-31ED-4581-BD21-905A46C8868B.jpeg
    5B72A075-31ED-4581-BD21-905A46C8868B.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 105
  • E22BBB34-5313-4E81-9489-5CA1E9D63BC2.jpeg
    E22BBB34-5313-4E81-9489-5CA1E9D63BC2.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Good thing I did what I did. Just spotted a new dot in Aulac NB and in Enfield NS as compared to Halifax NS and Truro NS in the last map, see below.
View attachment 302273 EDIT: can’t help but wonder what opening soon means as compared to target opening by end of 2018.
Are you sure that's actually Enfield, NS? If you click on the link on the Tesla site,the detail says Enfield, Ireland and the map shows the M4 and the border of County Kildare/County Meath!

Surprisingly, yes there is! There isn’t much in Enfield but there is a mall a bit north in Elmsdale and an Irving Big Stop down South, both of which are good locations

Attachments

• EC5DB89D-7918-4B51-9888-39B81325BF15.png
    EC5DB89D-7918-4B51-9888-39B81325BF15.png
    1 MB · Views: 90
I don't see what the excitement is all about. On the tesla.com find us map, there are a LOT of "coming soon" dots that are superchargers that are seeking permits/are under construction. I don't have a special count of all the "coming soon" but I don't think Elon was trying to tell "There a super secret sweet supercharger that no one are aware of that will pop out in the next week" kind of thought, but rather "Don't despair if there aren't a supercharger in your area, the supercharger network is an always expanding thing and we'll keep investing". The latter should surprise anyone and/or make the news.

Then again, I could be wrong.
Maybe you missed the part where a Burlington supercharger turned up half built the other day when it was never mentioned on the map.

So exactly what you just said wouldn't happen, already happened.

Last time I saw "opening soon" it was for the Etobicoke SC, which ended up opening up a few weeks after. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the Enfield one is already under construction.
It isn't consistent -- for example Wheatland, WY construction is completed and awaiting inspection, and it is still designated "Target opening by end of 2018".