Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mission, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Credit for pictures and catch in Tesla Owners Group Kansas City Facebook Group. 8 stalls. 1 forward. @BlueShift

sc4xApl.jpg
sc4xApl.jpg
ZfRGAxR.png

Great! This has been on the Tesla Supercharger map as coming soon, and looks like it actually will be here soon! I hope it is a supercharger as opposed to the 72 KW chargers at the HyVee by the airport.
It's definitely an urban-style supercharger, which is the type that is limited to 72 kW max. I guess this is the installation that Tesla had pinned as Overland Park? Based on type, location, and the other pin Tesla has on its map, this looks more like a supercharger that is envisioned to serve people living in the South KC area as opposed to travelers passing through KC. And, for travel heading north/south along I-35, the Olathe, KS location will likely (hopefully?) be a full powered station to serve that need.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
It's definitely an urban-style supercharger, which is the type that is limited to 72 kW max. I guess this is the installation that Tesla had pinned as Overland Park? Based on type, location, and the other pin Tesla has on its map, this looks more like a supercharger that is envisioned to serve people living in the South KC area as opposed to travelers passing through KC. And, for travel heading north/south along I-35, the Olathe, KS location will likely (hopefully?) be a full powered station to serve that need.

A 72 KW urban charger in a suburban location makes sense. There are enough places close by for people to spend money that the extra time spent by consumers could eventually cover fixed costs. I hope you're right about the one planned for Olathe.

These are great, and I’m hoping the Olathe one is full powered and right off of I-35, they really need the Emporia Supercharger that’s been on the map for years to complete the interstate corridor through Kansas. Taking the turnpike from Wichita to Topeka works, but your SoC is too high on the reverse, you just haven’t drained enough electricity by the time you drive from Kansas City to Topeka to charge efficiently, but tough to make it all the way to Wichita without babying it, even on an S90D.

Fences were open, looked almost done!
I can't quite be sure with the framing in your picture, but it looks like the pad for the utility transformer is sitting empty over to the left (see highlight below). That transformer is often the last major hardware item to get installed before a site gets energized. So, if I'm right that that is the transformer pad, seeing that it's still empty is an easy quick-look way to tell that the site isn't operational yet. The other thing, which is more obviously missing, is the pedestrian light post(s); we can see an empty lighting base behind your car.

Supercharger- Mission, KS_highlight.jpg