TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Supercharger - Monroe, WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by feffions, Mar 21, 2017.

1. feffions

feffions Member

A new supercharger is under construction in the Fred Meyer parking lot at the corner of Kelsey ST and HWY 2 in Monroe, WA. Details and pictures to follow...

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 1
  2. taldric

taldric Member

That's a great location for heading to Leavenworth or just exploring Hwy 2.

• Like x 3
  3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Thanks! I can use that -- not frequently, but it definitely makes Leavenworth easier for me.

4. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Another Fred Meyer... Interesting.. Maybe the article that quoted a Fred Meyer Manager at the new Klamath Falls supercharger that ALL Fred Meyers were getting superchargers has a little merritt to it (I doubt all of them but maybe they struck a good partnership deal with some big ones that make sense,

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

Every Fred Meyer in Portland and the surrounding cities has electric car charging.

6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Better than nothing I guess. I assume this is just the beginning of the build out in the Seattle area, but in the near term, this is a pretty crappy location for the only Seattle area supercharger.

7. feffions

feffions Member

It should help people on the eastside or Seattle traveling to Leavenworth or in the winter to Steven's Pass for a day ski trip.

• Like x 1
  8. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

It's also helpful for people going from Burlington to Ellensburg or vice versa although it will re-route them on a kind of weird path. It may not be much worse to go that way during rush hour, but late at night or during other low traffic times, it will be kind of annoying to have to go through Monroe. Obviously those of us with Model S 85+ wouldn't need to stop in Monroe, but the Model 3 will have a shorter range and then there are the mythical Xs with trailers and such.

9. dss33

dss33 Member

No kidding. That's about 20 mins from my house. Not sure how I'd use it (it's only about 80-90 mins, maybe less from the Burlington Supercharger) but hey - the more Superchargers, the better!

Hopefully they have one planned for Leavenworth/Chelan area to get folks up there a bit more comfortably.

10. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

I hope it is the start of US 2 Supercharging. The next could be at the Fred Meyer in East Wenatchee.

• Like x 1
  11. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Well, it definitely looks like trip Supercharging and is kind of ironic since Centralia, WA to Burlington, WA is a gap that needs filling.

But, in the long run we need chargers to take us everywhere, and as a watcher of Superchargers on US Numbered Highways it's nice to see another one on US-2. Only 1680 miles to Duluth, MN. :p

• Funny x 1
  12. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Not quite your usual in-depth analysis! ;)

13. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

I've driven US 2 from Everett all the way to Duluth (in an ICE 15 years ago) and let me tell you, don't hold your breath on superchargers covering that path. There are parts of NE Montana where you have serious range anxiety in an ICE if you aren't careful lol.

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

LOL. I was on vacation last week. I have to catch up. And New Rochelle, NY will need to be analyzed first.

• Like x 1
  15. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Oh I'm sure, but there are certainly sections they could do.
    US-2 meets I-90 in Spokane, WA. The last exit before I-90 is only 259 US-2 miles from the Monroe, WA Supercharger location. A "manageable" diversion in East Wenatchee would add 9 miles and split the 259 to 111 miles and 157 miles.
    (Added bonus is that US-2 is concurrent with US-97 there so the East Wenatchee location would _also_ be "on" US-97.
    US-97 starts at Weed, CA, then goes through Klamath Falls, OR, Bend, OR and Ellensburg, WA. It turns into BC-97 which passes through Kelowna, BC and Kamloops, BC. I think that somewhere at Tesla HQ there's a map of everywhere they think there should be a Supercharger and it has _lots_ of them.)

16. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

#16 Pricee2, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Here is a photo, I hope. That is the Red
    Robin on the left across the intersection. The workers do not want to be in the photos so I just took the one pic so they could get back to work. 0322171201a.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  17. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

#17 Pricee2, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    GPS Coordinates are N47.86274 W121.97672

Looks like it will be ten stalls.

Maybe the next one east of Wenatchee on US 2 will be in Davenport.

18. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Time to look up track days at Evergreen Speedway... :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  19. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Can't wait for this one! and the other 2 nearby from the looks of the 2017 map Supercharger | Tesla

20. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Looks to me like there's:
    North Bend, WA (Premium Outlets?)
    Seattle, WA
    Olympia, WA
    Wenatchee, WA.
    Omak, WA? (More US-97)
    Also another couple to complete US-101.