Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not activated as of 11pm today (4/19).

I'm jonesin' man... been putting off installing the high-powered home charger at my place, since I live so close to these superchargers.

Would you REALLY go sit at a charging station instead of charging at home each night? The entire reason I want a Tesla is that I can plug it in when I get home and wake up each day with a full charge (80%). I sure don't want to EVER have to stop to charge during my local driving. And I DEFINITELY am not going to drive to the supercharger periodically just to charge.

If you do prefer to charge locally at a charging station instead of at home, what is your motivation? Saving the $8 to $12 it costs you to fully charge at home? Getting away from the house for a little while? Meeting up with other Tesla owners? I'm just trying to understand what would make a person want to go sit at the charging station versus the comfort of their own home.

Would you REALLY go sit at a charging station instead of charging at home each night? The entire reason I want a Tesla is that I can plug it in when I get home and wake up each day with a full charge (80%). I sure don't want to EVER have to stop to charge during my local driving. And I DEFINITELY am not going to drive to the supercharger periodically just to charge.

If you do prefer to charge locally at a charging station instead of at home, what is your motivation? Saving the $8 to $12 it costs you to fully charge at home? Getting away from the house for a little while? Meeting up with other Tesla owners? I'm just trying to understand what would make a person want to go sit at the charging station versus the comfort of their own home.

Exactly. I would much prefer SC to be available about 60-120 miles from my home and my trip destinations so that I can better utilize it while I am not near home.

Just one problem with the new Superchager map, they are still using that four letter word, SOON. LOL
enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian

The simple answer is ignorance. I recognize you're right and that's much better than needing to stop and charge. And I wasn't aware it was bad for the battery and also heavily frowned upon.

Probably worth noting that I drive 70-90 miles a day average. This expends more battery range than I can sustainably charge with my current home setup.

I'm looking to upgrade my charging capabilities at home.

I missed all of the good "new tesla owner orientation" stuff because I bought third party. Learning all this as I go.

The simple answer is ignorance. I recognize you're right and that's much better than needing to stop and charge. And I wasn't aware it was bad for the battery and also heavily frowned upon.

Probably worth noting that I drive 70-90 miles a day average. This expends more battery range than I can sustainably charge with my current home setup.

I'm looking to upgrade my charging capabilities at home.

I missed all of the good "new tesla owner orientation" stuff because I bought third party. Learning all this as I go.

Well, at least your motivation for using a local supercharger is a good one - not being able to charge at least as much as you drive per day is a dang good reason.

I only asked because I have had SO many people tell me that they drive to the supercharger on their day off to sit and charge for an hour JUST to save $10!! And they do this once a week and then use the range all week. That is mind-boggling.

Oh, I don't even own a Tesla. :) But, I've wanted one since May 2012 - the first day I ever heard of Tesla. I've come to be intimate with ALL things Tesla. I'll be ready when I finally do get one - if I can ever convince my wife that paying $60k or more for a car is a smart thing!