TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Supercharger pedestals (30) at Fremont plant

Discussion in 'California' started by EV-lutioin, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

What's with the 30+ Superchargers at the Fremont factory during the Model 3 Handover event? Are those for the public or were they just temporary for the event?

tesla-model-3-delivery-handover-event-750x311.jpg

2. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

None of them were plugged in, so who knows if they're even real.

• Funny x 1
  3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

They will be used only for new vehicle deliveries ... according to my friend who received a Model 3 last night:cool:

IMG_6945.JPG

IMG_6946.JPG

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Wait, what.... your friend.... Model 3? So jealous!

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

So when will you/your friend start feeding us good hi-res pictures of the interior and everything?

6. Tam

Tam Active Member

Would you ask your friend whether Homelink feature (for an automatic garage door) is present or not please?

It is not mentioned in any reviews or literature yet but how about its Owner's Manual?

Thanks!

7. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

I am musing about how many Superchargers they'll need at Fremont by year's end for 5000 M3/Wk & then 10,000 M3/Wk

• Funny x 1
  8. WutHappened

WutHappened Member

From the picture OP posted, using Google maps it looks like those superchargers are at the corner of East St. and Wingard Way, at the back of the factory next to all those railcars. So unless Tesla is going to let us into their compound, I doubt we'll see those superchargers for public use.

• Informative x 1
  9. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

They most definitely won't, I asked at the gate and was told they don't know ANYTHING about chargers from the Delivery Event, yet you can see them on Apple Maps.

Before:

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.29.20 AM.png

After:

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 7.29.42 AM.png

-Randy

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#10 ecarfan, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Thanks Randy, I had been wondering about those Superchargers.

At this time they clearly are not for the public (meaning, current Tesla owners). I have no idea if they will be in the future, but I doubt it. Probably just for employees. Which is fine with me, they deserve some fast DC charging onsite.

Below is an Apple Maps screen capture showing the location of those Superchargers (white pin icon in red circle) in context with the entire Fremont factory. They are at the rear, well away from any possible public access. And that is why I am keeping this thread in the main California forum instead of moving it to the California Superchargers forum.

C3DFC6D8-3CBD-4AE4-9C40-48BC7C75E8B8.jpeg

• Informative x 2
  11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Another picture:
    pic99.png

12. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

These will likely be used for future delivery or reveal events.

13. gsteele

gsteele Member

You do realize that it’s necessary to charge newly built cars, right? I would assume this is where they go when the come off the line to get charged up before shipping.

14. Darksoldier360

They are absolutely in use every day. Drone videos show lots of usage. Seem to be charging some cars as they get rework done or perhaps are bound for far away places? Not all cars, but definitely a steady stream.

15. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

I wonder if Tesla will ever take the same hard line on drones that Apple is trying to do. They bought radio localizers and you are descended on by Apple's Security Prius very quickly after take-off.

-Randy