Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NE Northgate Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do we know if is this a paid parking garage?
It's not a paid garage but they do theoretically ticket people who don't go into the mall. E.g. you could theoretically get a ticket for going to Best Buy. But I've never seen them catch people. I have used the L2 chargers and gone into the mall grabbed a coffee and then left through the parking garage just in case they tried to ticket me for parking but never seen an actual ticket.

Its interesting to note that with the recent 2021 update to Tesla's FindUs map page (Find Us | Tesla). They removed the Northgate location completely.

I'm hoping this isn't the case since there is clearly progress happening on the site. I'm eagerly anticipating this going live since I only live 2 drive away from Northgate.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
Sorry I've been meaning to update this one for a while. The above pics are from yesterday at sunset. They're pics of the same thing taken from two different angles. 16 parking spots are roped off upstairs so this is presumably where the stalls will go. Not a lot has changed down below, but the 4 cabinets are on their pads and the switchgear is there. Still no transformer or meter. There wasn't any movement on this one during the holidays, but the upstairs stuff was new so at least it looks like they got back to work yesterday.

I decided not to take pics again because it was dark and not much has changed, but I did see 15 pedestal bases lying in their approximate locations upstairs when I drove through a few hours ago. I assume the 16th is hiding somewhere. Also of note is that they roped off another 16 stalls for approximately 30-32 total. Back when I talked to the guy who was apparently in charge of this project, he did say it would be 32 stalls, but the permit, number of pedestals, and presence of 4 v3 cabinets all indicate 16 supercharger stalls. What I suspect might be happening is that there will be an additional 16 HPWCs for 32 total charging stalls. This would be similar to the supercharger at the mall in Vancouver (WA), but twice as big. Here's a post with a pic of that supercharger for those of you have not been to it:

Vancouver WA Supercharger (New! Vancouver Mall)

Thanks for sharing again. I wonder if those black plastic (or is it foam) bases are mockups of where the final supercharge monoliths will go.

Looks like we'll get a good view of the light rail tracks while charging. Despite facing the other direction.

Reactions: Araman0
Drove by a couple hours ago and it didn't look like there had been any progress. In fact all the loose stuff had been cleaned up and put away somewhere including the pedestal bases. The cynical side of me is worried that might be an indication of a long term work stoppage (for whatever reason). I'll keep stopping by once a week or so.

Just wait till they install 16 HPWCs! This will be your all time favorite supercharger!!

I forgot they were going to add HPWC there! How close is this garage to the Regal over there? This might be a nice spot for dinner and a movie when I visit the city and get a enough of a charge if I don't want to deal with the downtown location and expensive parking, or decide on a hotel that doesn't have an EV charger. That could be almost 30kWh in three hours... that should be more than enough for the around town of a long weekend in Seattle and maybe even enough to get back out to North Bend depending what I roll into Seattle with.

Until there are more hotel locations with EV charging (that aren't valet only) that might be the plan :)

I forgot they were going to add HPWC there! How close is this garage to the Regal over there? This might be a nice spot for dinner and a movie when I visit the city and get a enough of a charge if I don't want to deal with the downtown location and expensive parking, or decide on a hotel that doesn't have an EV charger. That could be almost 30kWh in three hours... that should be more than enough for the around town of a long weekend in Seattle and maybe even enough to get back out to North Bend depending what I roll into Seattle with.

Until there are more hotel locations with EV charging (that aren't valet only) that might be the plan :)
There are already FREE level 2 chargers near the movie theater. There's also a pay EVGo Chademo there. With the current construction, the walk from the supercharger to the movie theater would be pretty rough.

Went by again Friday night and the only visible change was the addition of parking bumpers so I didn't bother taking pictures. Still nice to see some progress.

I'm not quite sure what the status of all the wiring is, but I suspect there is more work to be done before we get to the "waiting for transformer" stage.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and mociaf9