Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger Sites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't provide any information about their chargers until they are open.
You can go here for information on new superchargers in the permit and construction process.
supercharge.info
I don't see that Pensacola currently has one in permit process so I wouldn't expect to see one in the next few months. If you live in Pensacola you could contact the building department and see if they have a permit in process for a supercharger. You may be able to check online if they have their permits online. This map is put together by the Tesla community so you could participate by keeping your eyes open for charger type construction around town.

The Tesla charging map is a best case scenario. I would go to the Florida community forum here, Florida, and see what people have pulled from public permit files, etc. The community forums is where people monitor the progress of the Superchargers, and will likely be the first to notify people that the Supercharger is open. Even before Tesla.

There is an entire process that must be navigated to get a Supercharger up. This includes, getting permission from state and local entities, filing permits, comment period on permits, working with adjacent land owner, etc. Any or all of this can derail the process. And all of this is before a single shovel of dirt is dug. Once construction begins there inspections, permission to connect, etc. paperwork that must be filed and approved. If anything along this workflow get stuck the whole project can come to a halt.

To your second question, there is no guarantee that the chargers will be 250 KW. Tesla is still installing a Urban 72 KW and standard 120-150 KW units. Type of charger depends on needs of the location and driving population.

Last edited:
The Tesla charging map is a best case scenario. I would go to the Florida community forum here, Florida, and see what people have pulled from public permit files, etc. The community forums is where people monitor the progress of the Superchargers, and will likely be the first to notify people that the Supercharger is open. Even before Tesla.

There is an entire process that must be navigated to get a Supercharger up. This includes, getting permission from state and local entities, filing permits, comment period on permits, working with adjacent land owner, etc. Any or all of this can derail the process. And all of this is before a single shovel of dirt is dug. Once construction begins there inspections, permission to connect, etc. paperwork that must be filed and approved. If anything along this workflow get stuck the whole project can come to a halt.

To your second question, there is no guarantee that the chargers will be 250 KW. Tesla is still installing a Urban 72 KW and standard 120-150 KW units. Type of charger depends on needs of the location and driving population.

Good points, and if I may add the following graphic. It is a little outdated, but still relatively accurate (AS AN AVERAGE)…. some installations are fast and some seem to take so long that the roadster might go around the sun another time before installation occurs. :D

Tesla timeline-superchargers.png

Reactions: BBryson and jboy210