Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New supercharger stations with no trailer friendly stalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find it hard to believe Tesla is still installing SC locations with no trailer friendly stalls. Visited five V3 stations built since Sept 2022 between Texas and NC this past weekend: not one had a hitch friendly stall. With the CT coming soon, I would think they would start putting in more trailer friendly locations. Here's an example of one somewhere in Alabama or Georgia. Backing into these stalls can be a pain with a bike rack. Would super suck to have a trailer you have to unhitch for every charge up.

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_155809185.jpg
    PXL_20221119_155809185.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: Watts_Up
not to mention when there are hitch friendly stalls they are typically occupied by a random person even though there's empty back in spaces. I've explained a few times to people charging how that stall isn't just for convenience parking it serves a purpose for people with bike racks etc. Most people are clueless or state 'well it should say that on the screen' like they need special instructions on why there is one oddly placed charger and a dozen normal ones.

Long term sites need to be laid out in a more traditional island arrangement to accommodate various vehicle types/sizes/charge port locations/etc. and not just dedicate one or two stalls to those who might be towing. And to be honest, the so-called "trailer" spots that many people refer to are not actually trailer spots, but rather just bike/ski rack spots. The pull in spots are not really trailer friendly unless it's a big parking lot with wide travel lanes.

Long term sites need to be laid out in a more traditional island arrangement to accommodate various vehicle types/sizes/charge port locations/etc. and not just dedicate one or two stalls to those who might be towing. And to be honest, the so-called "trailer" spots that many people refer to are not actually trailer spots, but rather just bike/ski rack spots. The pull in spots are not really trailer friendly unless it's a big parking lot with wide travel lanes.

There’s places that just plain need whole new setups like Wichita, KS.

That one in particular is a pain in the ass even if you’re sans trailer.

I agree with what others have said. The ones that you are calling "trailer stalls" aren't really meant for that and it's more for bikes, skis or other roof racks that stick out the back. The ones that have those in the area I live (IN, OH, KY) wouldn't work for trailers as you would leave your trailer blocking a very heavily traveled car lane. And for most there would be nothing keeping an ICE car from parking behind you in the next row over and completely blocking you in. I'd say people with trailers ought to get comfortable with the fact that they are going to have to unhitch vast majority of the time and it's going to be a while before there are truly trailer designed stalls. Tesla or other.

Find it hard to believe Tesla is still installing SC locations with no trailer friendly stalls. Visited five V3 stations built since Sept 2022 between Texas and NC this past weekend: not one had a hitch friendly stall. With the CT coming soon, I would think they would start putting in more trailer friendly locations. Here's an example of one somewhere in Alabama or Georgia. Backing into these stalls can be a pain with a bike rack. Would super suck to have a trailer you have to unhitch for every charge up.

Just back in, you don't need a pull through stall.