Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers on M6 @ Charnock Richard and T5 Heathrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not certain these are actually operational?

Is anyone driving that way? - please post if they are open before the year end. I posted some images and video on the Facebook group Tesla Owners UK which is very active.

I am heading for Nantwich today, then Hale, Bowdon etc so not up that part of M6 to look in.

These will be a major improvement for those going North-South, Lakes, Scotland, Lancs coast, with 12 stalls.

Regards,

Tony

Seems to requires a Facebook account? Maybe I'm the only person left in the world not to have one? :rolleyes:

I hate Facebook but after much soul searching I asked my daughter to set me one up. The conditions were that I was to remain as invisible as possible, do not want any friends or be invited to be anybody else's. This she did and I'm pleased she did. It is a closed group so only Tesla owners or those waiting for delivery can join. It is very active, lots of posts, lots of info I'd recommend it.

There's silly stuff about bad parking and Jaffa cakes but a wealth of info, and posts from people in spots of bother needing help.

So, I have no friends, no profile, don't know what tagging and 'walls' are but I find it a useful resource.

Reactions: paso904
I stopped at the new Heathrow Hilton SpC this evening. All 8 bays operational. You need to see reception to get your parking ticket validated. They just gave me an unlimited time period one, nothing about 30 minutes if just charging.

I got 50kWh in 40min (MS 60D), starting at 16% SoC.

The Hotel car park was very busy though, with lots of double parking. None of the Tesla bays were ICEd, but it was a bit tight driving around the car park in places.

The conditions were that I was to remain as invisible as possible, do not want any friends or be invited to be anybody else's

I do have a facebook account, only ever used for some private software testing purposes ... but I've never used it for personal information as I don't want facebook logging connections between my activities. Even with a private account never used to communicate with anyone I get friend requests / suggestions from people I was at school with etc. and haven't seen for decades ... my non-active Linked-In account does the same. Damn clever, for sure, but not something I want to subscribe to. But I do realise I'm in the minority :)