Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the recently completed supercharger in Wilmington, and the previously announced supercharger in Statesville, Tesla is now showing proposed superchargers in Greensboro and Raleigh, opening by the end of 2017. Greensboro is a surprise given that the Burlington supercharger is only 30 miles away.

In addition to the recently completed supercharger in Wilmington, and the previously announced supercharger in Statesville, Tesla is now showing proposed superchargers in Greensboro and Raleigh, opening by the end of 2017. Greensboro is a surprise given that the Burlington supercharger is only 30 miles away.
Thanks for the info! Where did you see that they are planning one in Greensboro?

The sales guy at Raleigh told me the other day that they're moving soon to bigger digs. Wonder if it's at the same place as the new SpC?

Thank goodness for the move. Their current facilities are a dump, although they do have very convenient access.

I doubt very seriously that the new facility and the new supercharger will be in the same place because of cost considerations. While the Supercharger is very likely to be close to an Interstate, Tesla generally does not have showrooms and service centers near Interstates.

BTW, the Charlotte (Matthews) showroom has one supercharger on site while the eight stall Supercharger is located North of Charlotte off I-85 on Mallard Creek Road.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
They are still in the old facility in Raleigh. No news on the Raleigh or GSO or Statesville SCs.

Thanks for reply.

It looks like after installing NC coast, Tesla has focused on Mid-Atlantic/East Mid-west with eight under construction shown (supercharger info) in Ohio, WVa, Pa, Md, Va.

Service Center openings seem to often have a source from Tesla but slow progress. I was told two years ago by the local Ranger that Naples was slotted (he was looking at locations) for a Service Center but they haven't given the go-ahead to build ( they did open a new Supercharger downtown so there's that ).

Thank goodness for the move. Their current facilities are a dump, although they do have very convenient access.

I doubt very seriously that the new facility and the new supercharger will be in the same place because of cost considerations. While the Supercharger is very likely to be close to an Interstate, Tesla generally does not have showrooms and service centers near Interstates.

BTW, the Charlotte (Matthews) showroom has one supercharger on site while the eight stall Supercharger is located North of Charlotte off I-85 on Mallard Creek Road.
They actually have two superchargers, one by the side garage door that can be used inside or outside and one in the rear of the shop.

^^^
In any event, Greenville and Charlotte have SC access...what we need is Raleigh and Greensboro (tried Raleigh service center one night but the unit was charging a store/service unit and not available). Hopefully, once the Mid-Atlantic cluster is completed they will move further South again....

In time.....Charleston I get but with Santee, Columbia and Savannah in place, Florence should be back burnered to Raleigh and GSO. Big population base and big gap in middle of state.

I'd also suggest a redo of Columbia first. Bad location for services and non cooperative host with limited parking.
Columbia is in a bad location. Rumor has it though that Tesla is looking for a 2nd Columbia location, hopefully on the I-26 side.

Reactions: Drucifer