Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed there will be 12 charging stations at the N. Hills Raleigh location. Sweet!
Raleigh Supercharger.jpg

Yeah, I spoke to the workers and they said "We're not allowed to say if it's a Tesla Supercharger" LOL, I then asked was it 14 stations and he said "I can't say but you're close" and held up his fingers (one hand-1 finger, other hand-2 fingers) Haha

I think the reason I see 14 conduits going to the parking spaces and only 6 conduits coming from where the transformer is going is that there are going to be 12 SC stalls and they are going to re-install the two J1772 plugs.

About time Raleigh got a charger every time I went down there I had to charge at South Hill, and stay extra to make sure I had charge to return to South Hill. This charger and the new one south of Richmond should make the drive much nicer.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy
Yes, to try to answer GaryW's and pgiralt's question, I got word that the small transformer is going to stay and is just for the two J1772's. There are several other transformers nearby that are much larger, I would expect a new, large transformer will be installed where the cluster of six conduits come up to the far right of the construction site. There was no new activity today, otherwise I would have posted new pics. Does anyone know if there is going to be any kind of gathering to "open" the SC when it is ready? i recall someone posting that they might try to get the media involved or something.

• Informative
Reactions: gonzo and GaryW