Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a couple more pics... I'm going to wait until something fun happens before taking more, like conduit run or something more substantial. I've gone by every day, though.

20170913_131116.jpg 20170913_131136.jpg 20170913_131207.jpg 20170913_131103.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I would have bet money that they would put these in at the Sheetz at I40 and the airport. There's tons of room. It makes sense to charge when you drive someone to the airport. There is a generic charger there, but I've never used it and don't know much about it.

North Hills is a cluster, but at least now I'll have a place to park instead of circling forever. Someone must have pulled some strings to get it put there of all places.

Thanks for the photos. I would have bet money that they would put these in at the Sheetz at I40 and the airport. There's tons of room. It makes sense to charge when you drive someone to the airport. There is a generic charger there, but I've never used it and don't know much about it.

North Hills is a cluster, but at least now I'll have a place to park instead of circling forever. Someone must have pulled some strings to get it put there of all places.

Agree that placing something by airport made sense but the Sheetz there is often a madhouse with limited parking.....ICEing would have been an issue. The old outlet place on the other side of I40 has plenty of parking but clearly would be isolated.

I noticed today pink paint marks in the center of where the parking spaces used to be. There happen to be 14 pink paint marks and I have circled a few of them in the attached pic.
View attachment 247565

Thanks ASUComputerGuy!

I went by the North Hills Target last night to check it out in person. I can't wait for these superchargers to go live. One of the employees said that the construction has been going on about a week or so.

Any guesses on when these would go live?

There were a few Tesla branded shipping containers on the side of the target building at north hills on Friday. If they are there on Monday I’ll snap some pics. Lots of construction activity where @asucompguy’s pics were as well

The Supercharger site is replacing 2 J1772 chargers. I never remember these old chargers being iced previously.

I've lived across the street for 10+ years. I agree parking can be tough on occasion. In the last couple of years I've only ever seen the J1772 chargers around the mall and across the street ICE'd a hand full of times. These specific 2 spots were the least desirable J1772's in the whole area.

The ChaDeMo is in the much more crowded upper log by Six Forks road (as are the two J1772's outside REI). It is ICE'd quite often. Especially on busy weekend evenings. Look it up on PlugShare and you'll see quite a few comments about it.

Personally, I wish they would have put the new SC's inside the parking deck to provide a little cover from the weather. There are always empty spots on be far side of the deck.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy