Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20171030_192308.jpg
Opening Nov 1st??? With a few paint lines, a few loose ends, this project will be a wrap. As soon as we see enclosure being built around xfmrs, we'll know.
Just picking out my personal charging spot! LOL

Reactions: Aieukl378 and GaryW
So I spoke with someone today and they obviously didn't give me a specific date, but he said that things were coming on along very smoothly and that North Hills has been great to work with. They were placing the poles for the Tesla Parking signs while I was there. On a speculative note, it basically looks ready. Fhurst, I like your thinking, it seems that one of the only things left is to build the fence around the equipment. I found it interesting that the person I spoke with definitely said there was a SC being built in Fayetteville (several times he said Fayetteville), so all you sleuths, keep an eye out for permits/locations down there!

By the way Fhurst, I'm calling dibs on 7B :p

Reactions: GaryW and Fhurst
So I spoke with someone today and they obviously didn't give me a specific date, but he said that things were coming on along very smoothly and that North Hills has been great to work with. They were placing the poles for the Tesla Parking signs while I was there. On a speculative note, it basically looks ready. Fhurst, I like your thinking, it seems that one of the only things left is to build the fence around the equipment. I found it interesting that the person I spoke with definitely said there was a SC being built in Fayetteville (several times he said Fayetteville), so all you sleuths, keep an eye out for permits/locations down there!

By the way Fhurst, I'm calling dibs on 7B :p

Fayetteville "? Fort Bragg ? I’m from Fayetteville haven’t seen anything here. I’ll ask the service center Wednesday when I drop my S for service. Thanks for all the updates over the past couple of weeks

Reactions: GaryW
I just bought a P85D I'm looking forward trying out the superchargers at North Hills.

I have two questions though...

Does anyone local plan on using these regularly? What's the consensus on normal SC use on battery life? I could definitely imagine getting a quick boost when I go to North Hills a couple times a month.

Can you limit the amount of amps while using a SC? I see that I can set the amp limit on every other charging situation I've encountered.

I just bought a P85D I'm looking forward trying out the superchargers at North Hills.

I have two questions though...

Does anyone local plan on using these regularly? What's the consensus on normal SC use on battery life? I could definitely imagine getting a quick boost when I go to North Hills a couple times a month.

Can you limit the amount of amps while using a SC? I see that I can set the amp limit on every other charging situation I've encountered.
I'm local and plan to top off at SC maybe once a week and my wife will use more often since she drives her's daily. I don't know of any adverse effects using SC the past 2 years and haven't tried to limit amperage at SC but I think you can.

Stopped by today. They are really moving along and worker said any day for opening.
When discussing the traffic flow, there will be at least one stop sign to control the speed through the area.

The chademo spot was open, was able to get over 125 MPH on it with my battery already 160 miles.

A little bird told me that they were trying to get the fence around the equipment built and completed this week and that they were in the process of "cleaning up", but could not give me an opening date. As part of the cleanup, they were in the process of removing the shipping containers, pictured in the third pic.

20171031_135407.jpg 20171031_135416.jpg 20171031_135709-cropped.jpg

Reactions: GaryW and Acps110
So I heard that it is going to open VERY soon. They're going to take down the fence today, but there will be cones in place to block anyone from charging for now so that Tesla can get in to commission it. The asphalt has been sealed and the curb has been completed. The plan is to put in a new stop sign at the corner as they are concerned about Stalls 1A and 1B being able to see around the fenced in equipment to get out. All that's left is to put down some paint and finish mounting the signs. I'll send another update when I go by there TOMORROW and let you know what's new.

20171101_120337.jpg 20171101_120345.jpg

I was told commissioning happened last night and all was successful. You may be able to see by the pics that the lights are on, so they are powered and ready. They were installing the stop sign when I was there, the fence contractor was there getting ready to put up the fence around the equipment and the paving company was there getting ready to put lines on the pavement. Also, the landscaping crew was there to, well, do some landscaping. I am going to swing by again before lunch and again at 3:00. Here's to hoping today will be the day we can supercharge in Raleigh...

20171102_091628-cropped.jpg 20171102_091646-cropped.jpg 20171102_091708.jpg 20171102_092052-cropped.jpg

I was told commissioning happened last night and all was successful. You may be able to see by the pics that the lights are on, so they are powered and ready. They were installing the stop sign when I was there, the fence contractor was there getting ready to put up the fence around the equipment and the paving company was there getting ready to put lines on the pavement. Also, the landscaping crew was there to, well, do some landscaping. I am going to swing by again before lunch and again at 3:00. Here's to hoping today will be the day we can supercharge in Raleigh...

View attachment 257729 View attachment 257730 View attachment 257731 View attachment 257732
That's great!

So I went by at lunch time and talked with the friendly folks that were there. The fence is completely gone and they were cleaning up the parking lot. It was not officially open yet, but I'm guessing that if anyone visits it later today, they may be happy. I will not be able to go back at 3:00 as I mentioned earlier as the two hour lunch ate up the leave from work I requested. Have fun and I'm sure I'll see you all there soon enough!

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Mucall and Edo102
I talked to one of the same guys that spoke to @ASUComputerGuy.

I was told the Tesla team had just left, and we’re on their way to Greensboro. They plan to certify both sites today. We should see them show on the map as early as this evening.

I was also told the Fayetteville location is planned to go live tomorrow! It is being built by a different team, so he didn’t know exactly where in Fayetteville.