Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F08AF333-0839-4CA8-9425-F64BC2A1A45F.jpeg
4D7ACD8A-71B6-4E73-B25C-EBF13E1938BE.jpeg
The chargers are in an unusual location.

They ran into a pipe when they began excavating, so they were required to rethink the installation.

It will pay to be careful backing in.

I talked to one of the same guys that spoke to @ASUComputerGuy.

I was told the Tesla team had just left, and we’re on their way to Greensboro. They plan to certify both sites today. We should see them show on the map as early as this evening.

I was also told the Fayetteville location is planned to go live tomorrow! It is being built by a different team, so he didn’t know exactly where in Fayetteville.
I am from Fayetteville. I call the Double Tree hotel and they told me they didn’t know anithing about a charging station. I’m going later today to check the area out and will post afterwards

Reactions: GaryW
Thanks to everyone for all the great info about Fayetteville and G'boro! I am really liking all the love Tesla is showing NC right now. Maybe that will entice the person responsible for the Charlotte debacle to make it all right... HA! :rolleyes:

Okay, so two last pics for me in this thread... They let me be the first customer to plug in before removing all the cones (Thanks KC)...and another "legal" charge...

20171102_132651.jpg 20171103_122722.jpg
And yes, I'm going to remove the front plate this weekend...

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the great info about Fayetteville and G'boro! I am really liking all the love Tesla is showing NC right now. Maybe that will entice the person responsible for the Charlotte debacle to make it all right... HA! :rolleyes:

Okay, so two last pics for me in this thread... They let me be the first customer to plug in before removing all the cones (Thanks KC)...and another "legal" charge...

View attachment 257968 View attachment 257969
And yes, I'm going to remove the front plate this weekend...

I have the 90 degree pliers if you want to borrow them.

One more note about Raleigh. I just placed a bucket with a squeegee at the sign post closest to the charging equipment and it contains diluted Prestone 3-in-1 Windshield Washer Fluid. If you would like to use it, feel free to do so. I will replace the solution every couple of weeks. If anyone has an issue with it or needs it removed, please PM me and I will come get it.

One more note about Raleigh. I just placed a bucket with a squeegee at the sign post closest to the charging equipment and it contains diluted Prestone 3-in-1 Windshield Washer Fluid. If you would like to use it, feel free to do so. I will replace the solution every couple of weeks. If anyone has an issue with it or needs it removed, please PM me and I will come get it.

Thanks!

I used the north hills supercharger today. The stall I used (last one on left, next to the public chargers) had an issue disconnecting and a Tesla rep (he was on site monitoring I guess?) told me that I had to manually unlock it from inside the car. He said it should be fixed by the next time I come back and only affects that first stall.

• Informative
Reactions: GaryW
Thanks ASU guy. I'm impressed with the community washing bucket. Trying to think of ways to top that LOL! Stay tuned.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy