Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New suspension system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Bose system was mostly smoke and mirrors. They programmed the road surface into the system so it already knew where bumps and holes in the road were on the fixed path it travelled. It's far harder to build a system that can react to real-world conditions in real-time.

Thats why the Bose system never made it past that faked demo, it's why active suspension hasn't been implemented anywhere on vehicles that travel public roads.

I think Cadillac or was it Chevy Corvette (both?) put out a pretty decent active magneto-fluid damping system that can stiffen a corner strut in millisecond/s ... the demo was to prevent a wheel from being pushed down into a pothole as it drove over.. the system worked to keep the wheel up and would ride "in air" to pass over the pothole.

I'd be happy with that on my S, for all the potholes we have around here.

That Bose system was mostly smoke and mirrors. They programmed the road surface into the system so it already knew where bumps and holes in the road were on the fixed path it travelled. It's far harder to build a system that can react to real-world conditions in real-time.

Thats why the Bose system never made it past that faked demo, it's why active suspension hasn't been implemented anywhere on vehicles that travel public roads.

This is NOT FAKE NEWS

Reactions: Julie's MS