Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Suspension Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
I am really surprised that Tesla could further improve the suspension on my Model S Performance.
The latest update, 2020.32.3, gives a (geek-heaven) readout of all the suspension parameters and allows you to adjust lots of them.
I set the suspension to "Advanced" mode, dial up firmest and most-controlled settings, and it corners even better now.
Lovely (if small) enhancement to the car's dynamics.
Anybody else try this?

Reactions: paulp
Yeah it is fricken awesome how adjustable the suspension is now. Mana from heaven. Cornering stability when *cough* just going under the speed limit but very fast around corners *cough* is remarkable now. Then you can adjust it to pure comfort and it's a GT piece of awesomeness.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Yeah it is fricken awesome how adjustable the suspension is now. Mana from heaven. Cornering stability when *cough* just going under the speed limit but very fast around corners *cough* is remarkable now. Then you can adjust it to pure comfort and it's a GT piece of awesomeness.
Is that a covid cough? I touched this post. I might now be infected.

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc and Hairyman
I am really surprised that Tesla could further improve the suspension on my Model S Performance.
The latest update, 2020.32.3, gives a (geek-heaven) readout of all the suspension parameters and allows you to adjust lots of them.
I set the suspension to "Advanced" mode, dial up firmest and most-controlled settings, and it corners even better now.
Lovely (if small) enhancement to the car's dynamics.
Anybody else try this?

Speaking of a performance enhancement. About 3 weeks ago I had a software update for suspension enhancements update on my 2015 - Model S with 100K miles. The next morning after the update (six hours since I last drove it with no issues) my car was lowered to about 2 inches from the ground with no air in the suspension at all. It took me a week to get my car into service and now it has been in service for 2 weeks (without my car for 3 weeks now) It seems like every time they say the car will be ready or is running a "safety check" they come back and tell me they found a new problem. I fel like they are just shotgunning the repair and throwing parts at the car in hopes of fixing the issue. How can all these mechanical issue with the suspension all happen 6 hours after a software update? Here is the list of items they have replaced.

• Air Suspension Solenoid - $432 (part is $325) The next day I was told I also needed...
  • Air Suspension Primary line Assy - $916 (part is $175) days later I was told there was Harness problem
  • Harness Logic HV Junction box - $97.50 Still not done.... They then came back days later and told me I needed
  • Active Suspension ECU Processor - $555.25 (Part $370) then just when I was going to get the car back they told me....
  • New Compressor - $999.25 (Part $775)

Total repair cost $3,039.25

I spoke to the Service Manager who is also the acting regional manager and he gave me a 14.68% discount?

How can all this be needed after a simple software update? Has anyone seen anything like this? Any suggestions? I reached out to Jerome Guillen the President of Tesla Automotive. He used to be the VP of WW Service. I will let you know what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman