Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New temp plates are now for 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Do you know why they gave me a two month plate, then?

i believe it's just in case there's a delay of you actually getting the plates after paying for your tax and registration.

the credit union handled the tax and registration for me.

it was all handled and paid for within the 30 days but it took almost the full 2 months for me to actually receive my plates and registration sticker in the mail.

i believe it's just in case there's a delay of you actually getting the plates after paying for your tax and registration.

the credit union handled the tax and registration for me.

it was all handled and paid for within the 30 days but it took almost the full 2 months for me to actually receive my plates and registration sticker in the mail.
Oh I see, thank you! For some reason I thought they’d hand you the plates right there when you pay the tax.

Oh I see, thank you! For some reason I thought they’d hand you the plates right there when you pay the tax.

if you go in person to the tax office to pay up front, you'll probably get everything. sticker and all.

i know a lot of people who do that cause their bank isn't handling the tax for them or they paid for the car in cash and have to handle it themselves.

just depends on your situation.

Reactions: Abraham