Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 677
Definitely overpriced interior lift gate package. The day I purchased it was $2,000 more, but they reduced it, perhaps due to all of the backlash. I went with black alcantara on dash and white for headliner. I am very happy with the entire end result since I ordered everything from tiny samples.
Beautiful combo! Thanks for taking the time to post pics. Are those optional floor mats?!

BonLaw, the doors - are they covered with leather or plastic on the inside? I am wondering if the "extended nappa leather trim" is what we still get with "premium interior" option now.

Also, where your knees touch, is that part leather? Is it hard/soft?

Beautiful car, very happy for you. I'm probably ordering mine within a month, if things go as planned :)

BonLaw, the doors - are they covered with leather or plastic on the inside? I am wondering if the "extended nappa leather trim" is what we still get with "premium interior" option now.

Beautiful car, very happy for you. I'm probably ordering mine within a month, if things go as planned :)

I will get back to you later. Did not notice so probably the same as my 2013model. On my way out for Mothers Day in the Prius because parking is scarce and way small spaces at my mother's retirement complex.

Congrats on the car. I've been telling myself I was going to get a CPO P85 but after driving the 70D and 85D yesterday (and living in Colorado) I think I'm going to go with the 85D. I have a bit more saving up now since this is a pretty big financial jump from what I was thinking.

The car in the showroom was the Platinum and I absolutely fell in love with the color. Great choice!

Congrats on the car. I've been telling myself I was going to get a CPO P85 but after driving the 70D and 85D yesterday (and living in Colorado) I think I'm going to go with the 85D. I have a bit more saving up now since this is a pretty big financial jump from what I was thinking.

The car in the showroom was the Platinum and I absolutely fell in love with the color. Great choice!

How much of a difference did you feel between 70d and 85d?

There's almost a full second difference from 0-60 (0.8 seconds). That is a lot! I'm really torn between these two cars and I haven't even completely ruled out the S85 either as that provides that RWD and more frunk space with the added range . . . I need to put this in a matrix . . .
Unless you're buying used, you can't get anything other than a D model now.

I could definitely tell the difference. I made the mistake of driving the 85D first.

I have a nodded Subaru Sti now and this car is everything I've been looking for. Speed, handling, comfort, technology, and No Loud Engine Noise
I test drove the P85D. The ownership advisor told me the same thing, do you want to drive the 85D so you don't get upset when you get yours? I was like nah, I don't care. In a few years I'll get the top of the line model. I'm still super thrilled to get a Tesla. It's a dream come true. I don't need to be speed racer every kick down.

I did not realize I was so oblivious to the details of my 2013. The first year I personally washed it each week, yet I can't remember the interior.
So for the 70D. I don't know if leather or not, but every surface is padded except the USB and 12 Volt area which is hard plastic. What is different is that area, USB area in my 2013 was straight up and down. The current model slants back about 45 degrees.

I did not realize I was so oblivious to the details of my 2013. The first year I personally washed it each week, yet I can't remember the interior.
So for the 70D. I don't know if leather or not, but every surface is padded except the USB and 12 Volt area which is hard plastic. What is different is that area, USB area in my 2013 was straight up and down. The current model slants back about 45 degrees.

Thank you! Sounds like 70d is a really nice car. I don't know why people are crazy over 85d. 20 extra miles and 0.8 sec faster 0-60 is inconsequential, not worth 10k at least.