Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my 70D.
I'm all smiles. Well worth the wait.

Special thanks to my DS Frank at the Marietta store for making my delivery on Father's Day.
This is definitely a Father's Day to remember.

* I'm sending from my phone. I will post some pics later.

Black on black with 21 inch Greys. Pano.
and LTE.

Here's a little eye candy for those of you still waiting for you 70D deliveries. It's worth the wait!

Donner1900.jpg

Also, if you'd like to see a minute video of mountain driving in rockclimbing country, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbgGpQGabE . I had a Blackvue 650 fore and aft dashcam installed. The aft-facing camera cannot be seen from the rear-view mirror.

Here's a little eye candy for those of you still waiting for you 70D deliveries. It's worth the wait!

View attachment 84938

Also, if you'd like to see a minute video of mountain driving in rockclimbing country, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbgGpQGabE . I had a Blackvue 650 fore and aft dashcam installed. The aft-facing camera cannot be seen from the rear-view mirror.
Oh man I am restless. I got the exact same model and color, with pano roof

Special thanks to my DS Frank at the Marietta store for making my delivery on Father's Day.

and LTE.
IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I mean purchase TACC capability for $3000
I'm considering doing the same thing. I regret not having selected the option when I ordered the car.
My DS said all I need to do is schedule a service appointment to get it enabled, and pay the $3k. I may do so in the next couple of months.

Has anyone activated autopilot after purchase? I'm thinking about doing it.

The activation of autopilot features should be pretty straightforward on your car since the hardware is already installed. It should be a simple software upgrade. Is it worth the price? I would say yes if you do a reasonable amount of highway driving. My 70D came with autopilot prepaid, so I have the adaptive cruise control features right now and Elon Musk has said the lane-keeping features should be out at the end of this month. During the first 4 driving days after my purchase, I covered over 2,000 miles and never felt the fatigue I typically feel with other cars on long trips. Part of the answer is the great handling of the car, part is the comfort of the 2nd gen seats, part is the low noise level, but a big part is the reduction in effort cause by adaptive cruise control and auto-dimming headlights. Even when traffic was relatively heavy I left the cruise control on and it made the driving experience so much easier than it would have been otherwise.

The activation of autopilot features should be pretty straightforward on your car since the hardware is already installed. It should be a simple software upgrade. Is it worth the price? I would say yes if you do a reasonable amount of highway driving. My 70D came with autopilot prepaid, so I have the adaptive cruise control features right now and Elon Musk has said the lane-keeping features should be out at the end of this month. During the first 4 driving days after my purchase, I covered over 2,000 miles and never felt the fatigue I typically feel with other cars on long trips. Part of the answer is the great handling of the car, part is the comfort of the 2nd gen seats, part is the low noise level, but a big part is the reduction in effort cause by adaptive cruise control and auto-dimming headlights. Even when traffic was relatively heavy I left the cruise control on and it made the driving experience so much easier than it would have been otherwise.

My commute to work is 90% highway mileage. I think TACC is great but I think it's still a bit on the high side for 3K. I'm really intrigued with self park.

and LTE.

Thanks for posting the pics. The car looks great! I pick mine up on Wednesday morning. All Black as well....except I didn't get the 21" Greys. I made an appt. to get mine tinted immediately after pickup.