TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Ad "Tesla Spec" (not from Tesla)

Discussion in 'Video' started by Calvin.K, Aug 29, 2014.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nitpicker's corner: The water bottles are too big for the cupholders.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo

I had an idea. The very first sponsored Tesla ad should be a compilation of every fan made advertisement. Some fans would likely give their footage up for free, but Tesla should figure a way to give back tho the community.

3. ahm

ahm Member

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Loved this spec commercial, for all sorts of reasons. It shows off a phenomenal car, but it says 'think about the bigger picture', too. Just stunning, all around.

THAT'S what you found important? Brianman, get thee some caffeine!!!

Love this idea. In fact, I love it so much that I'm passing it on to Tesla marketing. :)

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I never said it was important. :)

6. BlueTan85

BlueTan85 Member

Nitpicking? You call that nitpicking? I see your nitpicking and raise you a whole 'nother level of nitpicking.

Isn't it illegal for children below a certain age to be in the front passenger seat? Given Rob Perez is in Minnesota, let's assume this was filmed there. If so, MN law says if a child is under 8 years old, he or she must be in a child restraint seat. I doubt the kid in that clip is 8 or above. So, someone needs to haul the director, the film crew, the driver, the parents, and everyone else involved in the making of this film down to the station. I mean, after all. Tesla drivers should be depicted as law-abiding citizens, amirite?

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Going to have to disagree with you here. Laws aren't a nitpicky thing. Depicting improperly sized water bottles is way more nitpicky than depicting law-breaking.