Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 4.0.2 for iOS. Voltage restored to charging information.
293F2DD0-27A2-4229-98F8-82A4F95FCCF1.jpeg

Voltage at my house tends to run a bit high. Transformer is in my front yard, so not a lot of voltage drop unless the whole neighborhood has the AC cranked.

2 Things I dislike about the new app. If you have range set to "miles" it is difficult to set the max charge to a percentage. Second, when I check the location of the vehicle, it loads the map in dark mode -- which I don't like and makes it harder to decipher. Also, the default zoom in the map is too close so I end up having to zoom out as soon as I check the car's location. This is running on Android.

Reactions: Exscite
I was able to get V4.0.1-646 from the Play Store on the 8th for my Galaxy S20+. I went to add it to my wife's S20+ the next day and it had been pulled again. I usually test stuff on mine before doing hers. Happy wife, happy life.
I don't think that it has been pulled. I think they are still just doing a staggered release such as what Tesla does. We have five different Android devices in the household and none of them have received the update from Google Play store so far. I did manually install it on one device. That was enough to see the new functionality and decide that I didn't need it nstalled on the other devices yet

2 Things I dislike about the new app. If you have range set to "miles" it is difficult to set the max charge to a percentage. Second, when I check the location of the vehicle, it loads the map in dark mode -- which I don't like and makes it harder to decipher. Also, the default zoom in the map is too close so I end up having to zoom out as soon as I check the car's location. This is running on Android.
I use the Android app and my map loads in dark mode is there a way to turn this off?

Got a new version of my Android app today. WHAT CRAP! Smaller fonts and a poor, faint image of my car. Why does Tesla insist on constantly making fonts and graphics smaller and less readable? And the location map is unreadable.
Don't the idiots realize people use these outdoors where it is often hard enough to see the screens? What is the point? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I am so sick of their interface designs, both in the car and on the app.

Got a new version of my Android app today. WHAT CRAP! Smaller fonts and a poor, faint image of my car. Why does Tesla insist on constantly making fonts and graphics smaller and less readable? And the location map is unreadable.
Don't the idiots realize people use these outdoors where it is often hard enough to see the screens? What is the point? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I am so sick of their interface designs, both in the car and on the app.

Leave app feedback in the Play Store. It's the one time that you can actually get the developer's attention if enough people give it a "1 star" rating.

I side loaded on 2 phones. One I leave watching my solar and the other my car. I like the look of the solar section but my car is having a beauty rest and I won't see that side of the app until she wakes up.

I do have a question for those more in the know. In the Android app store my Tesla app still shows the July version. Will I have to side load all future updates? Sorry if that's too stupid
Got my answer today - app store have me the official update and it was seamless

Got my answer today - app store have me the official update and it was seamless
I updated to the second new V4 android version 4.0.2-657 today. I was able to get 4.0.1-646 on the 8th and the next day the Play Store only had the old version 3.x and today I was able to update to 4.0.2-657. I haven't noticed any differences from 4.0.1-646.