Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... that populates the map with 3 supercharger locations in the whole of the UK, and they're not even the closest ones to me...
Let's call it "teething problems"....
Indeed. Previously it would also list the DeC.

I find the choice of smaller fonts also bothering. Similar to what they did on the IC in S/X. Not necessary (there is plenty of blank space now), and annoying for elders like me starting to have trouble reading small fonts.

Reactions: jeremymc7
For some reason I’m not seeing Tesla in the list of available homescreen widgets despite updating the app. Any ideas?
Have tried searching the widgets library?

Attachments

• 864D7E9F-DEF6-41EB-A544-92449C09ED02.png
    864D7E9F-DEF6-41EB-A544-92449C09ED02.png
    469.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 577B0ED0-9AD9-4EBE-8255-3A699094A554.png
    577B0ED0-9AD9-4EBE-8255-3A699094A554.png
    566.5 KB · Views: 66
  • E49C7E59-02AD-43A9-A955-C5032AA6D417.png
    E49C7E59-02AD-43A9-A955-C5032AA6D417.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 73
They are saying there is no iPad version. It’s just the iPhone version scaled up. It’s not taking any advantage of the iPad screen.

I personally don’t see a huge need for an iPad version.
I agree no need for iPad version but the app on my iPhone 12 looks cut off. I might have to tw settings because I have a larger font size for my screen and old blind eyes. It seems cut off in spots. Thanks.

We installed it on an iPad last night. I checked in Android and it showed an update for the Tesla app failed yesterday. I tried it again and it couldn't download. Maybe they released it for a short time on Android and then reverted due to an issue? Our Android devices were already up-to-date with the latest version from July, so the only reason it would've tried updating yesterday was if there was a new version released. I just checked the Play Store again. Yesterday, it showed the release date was 7/16. Today, it's showing 8/26 but still has the previous version listed.

That app does look slick but in my limited time with it, I found some things got better and some things seemed worse. I found the addition of undelivered cars to be unnecessary. I don't want to have to swipe past those cars just to view my Powerwalls. I haven't checked yet, but maybe those can be hidden? That would be a nice addition. Either that or it would be nice if the order could be changed so the undelivered vehicles could be put at the end of the list. Also, the Powerwall screen looks cute but busy. I liked the simple old way of monitoring solar/Powerwall activity.

As others have mentioned, the app doesn't fill the screen on the iPad. Odd since on Android, the old app was responsive and always filled the phone or tablet screen correctly.

This is incorrect! Nearest super chargers are now located under location.Tap the location tab and zoom out, you’ll see all available stalls by default.

What does seem to be gone (and that may be what @TomServo was referring to) is the simple list of SC-ers, i.e., this:

1629985094415.png

(Got that from my iPad, it's still on the pre-4.x version ...)

The map does show this info - as you pointed out - but I hate having to scroll around and zoom in/out, just to get a sense of the Supercharger status in my 20-30 mile area.

Reactions: with_raiden