Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to access the "Go Off-Grid" feature advertised for this release? My inverter is having some issues that cause it to perform better when decoupled from the grid (it clips to 1.8kW when grid-connected, but doesn't clip during e.g. a grid power outage), so I'd like to try explicitly decoupling it during the day to see if it affects this problem.
I'm not seeing that feature in the app either. Maybe it's just for new Powerwall+ installations? I do have the Go Off Grid option when accessing the web interface.

I'm not seeing that feature in the app either. Maybe it's just for new Powerwall+ installations? I do have the Go Off Grid option when accessing the web interface.
Thanks, now I see it in the web interface. (Instructions for accessing the web interface here: Connecting to Tesla Gateway | Tesla Support)

After toggling it in the web interface, "Off-Grid" is now shown in big orange letters in the Tesla app, although there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle it on and off from the app. Will let it run for a while and see how the inverter behaves.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I noticed some functionality is different depending on if you are using Android or iOS version.

Android has Homelink on the Controls but is missing the Vent option. iOS has the Vent option on Controls but is missing Homelink.

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-26_13-00-37.jpg
    photo_2021-08-26_13-00-37.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 63
  • photo_2021-08-26_13-00-56.jpg
    photo_2021-08-26_13-00-56.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 54
So in the end, and at this stage, a step back by my book:
  • Way too small fonts
  • Lost widget climate and unlock
  • Lost time of charge start
  • Lost kW info
The way the new app implemented Supercharger locations/status is a step back as well. In the previous version it was 1 click to list the nearby Superchargers with the available status. The new map view requires some additional pinching/zooming to get to the info.

Reactions: X Fan and AustinP
What does seem to be gone (and that may be what @TomServo was referring to) is the simple list of SC-ers, i.e., this:

View attachment 701611

(Got that from my iPad, it's still on the pre-4.x version ...)

The map does show this info - as you pointed out - but I hate having to scroll around and zoom in/out, just to get a sense of the Supercharger status in my 20-30 mile area.
I agree with you. Not very user friendly way to find a list of possible Superchargers.