Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds like your car options are set incorrectly? (By Tesla)

So that's upstream, on the server side? Is there anyway to see those settings / confirm the setting, from the car? I see above @davezforce has what looks like a config file/plist of some sort.

I'm a software engineer so you can hit me up with as much technical voodoo as you want :D

Tesla API? Gen a token, get the car config?

So that's upstream, on the server side? Is there anyway to see those settings / confirm the setting, from the car? I see above @davezforce has what looks like a config file/plist of some sort.

I'm a software engineer so you can hit me up with as much technical voodoo as you want :D

Tesla API? Gen a token, get the car config?
It’s possible, but I don’t recall the easiest way to do it.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Or is our older cars just configured wrong.
I think this is the actual root of the problem!!!

I suspect that Tesla isn't very. let's say meticulous, when configuring the Gateway's interior_trim_type flag on each car when they first load the vehicle's firmware at the factory, "justifying" that most of the app's and in-car menus on the MCU don't actually show the interior trim and seat color (aside from the sound balance configurator on the audio settings), since the heated seat controls inside the climate menu on the MCU, shows the seats as translucent.

Adding insult to injury, pre-Palladium Model S and X had a lot of configurable trim and seating options, so more app assets need to be developed for each seat generation (first gen, first gen with red stitching, next gen recaro, next gen recaro with side bolsters on the second row, rear executive seats, premium seats, premium seats with ventilation, premium seats with contrasting stitching, premium seats with fixed headrests, second row mono-post seats for Model X, second row bench seats for Model X, first gen Model 3 seats, second gen Model 3 seats, etc), and for color (Black, Gray, Tan, Cream, White, Textile) and trim type (horizontal matte obeche, vertical matte obeche, glossy obeche, piano black, carbon fiber, figured ash, ash burl, black burl, etc).

The current interior_trim_type options in the Gateway for Model 3 and Model Y are:

"accessId":106,
"codeKey":"interiorTrimType",
"content":{
"enums":[
{
"codeKey":"BLACK",
"description":"Black interior color with original center console",
"value":0
},
{
"codeKey":"WHITE",
"description":"White interior color with original center console",
"value":1
},
{
"codeKey":"BLACK_CONSOLE_2",
"description":"Black interior color with Console 2.0",
"value":2
},
{
"codeKey":"WHITE_CONSOLE_2",
"description":"White interior color with Console 2.0",
"value":3
}
]
},
"description":"Interior trim type for UI vehicle assets",
"products":[
"Model3",
"ModelY"

But for Model S and X there's just these options (no color distinction 😢) they are all set to BLACK:

"description":"Seat Type",
{
"codeKey":"BASE",
"description":"Base",
"value":"0"
},
{
"codeKey":"RECARO",
"description":"Recaro",
"value":"1"
},
{
"codeKey":"TESLA_PREM_GEN_1",
"description":"TeslaGen1",
"value":"2"
},
{
"codeKey":"TESLA_PREM_GEN_2",
"description":"TeslaGen2",
"value":"3"
}
]
},
"accessId":"seatType",
"codeKey":"seats",
"ModelSX"

"description":"Rear Seat Type",
{
"codeKey":"BASE",
"description":"",
"value":"0"
},
{
"codeKey":"RECARO",
"value":"1"
},
{
"codeKey":"EXECUTIVE",
"value":"2"
},
{
"codeKey":"TWO_SEAT",
"value":"3"
},
{
"codeKey":"MX_FOLD_FLAT",
"value":"4"
},
{
"codeKey":"TWO_SEAT_WITH_CONSOLE",
"value":"5"
},
{
"codeKey":"MX_FOLD_FLAT_MOTORIZED",
"value":"6"
},
{
"codeKey":"FOLD_FLAT_MOTORIZED_DUAL",
"value":"7"
}
]
},
"accessId":"rearSeatType",
"codeKey":"rear_seats",
"ModelSX"

So it seems we are not getting the correct seat color and trim on the app any time soon, as I'm not holding my hopes up that Tesla develops all the necessary assets for all the possible configurations available, but who knows...

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
Also it looks like during charging, the charge voltage is no longer displayed. Just SoC, time remaining, Amps and kW. Was helpful at public L2 chargers to determine if they were 208V, 240V, or 277V (if 277V public chargers exist around here, I've never seen one.)

Also it looks like during charging, the charge voltage is no longer displayed. Just SoC, time remaining, Amps and kW. Was helpful at public L2 chargers to determine if they were 208V, 240V, or 277V (if 277V public chargers exist around here, I've never seen one.)
You can divide watts by amps to get volts, but yeah, it would be nice if it was just displayed for you.

Reactions: BigNick
Geez, the iOS widget got neutered, it used to have direct controls for AC, frunk and lock. Though it does load the app quicker, they must be preloading some of the main code.

The give and take on this upgrade is about a break even.

Sorry - I didn't realize there was a big difference between a 6 and a 6s.

Standard Apple Tick-Tock upgrade, so not a ton, but they do just eventually end forward compatibility (that some people think is a bit arbitrary).

You can divide watts by amps to get volts, but yeah, it would be nice if it was just displayed for you.
I like being able to see the voltage to see if there's excessive voltage drop under load on an unfamiliar outlet. But it's a small thing, you can just check the instrument panel inside the car after it ramps up, and usually if there's a problem the car will limit amps on its own or just shut it off, so not a safety issue. But I also wish every car allowed you to display every parameter monitored by the car in real-time, so, I like a lot of info. Some people just want the needle to point at the middle of the gauge.

You also can just go into the app store on your device. Click on your account where it shows you the of your app update history and if any updates are available. If you don't see it queued, you can just do a pull down on the screen, which will force your phone to go check the app store for all the latest versions. I did that on my devices and up popped several apps with updates available, including the Tesla app.

I'm pretty much in the 'ok, big deal' camp on the update. The only new feature that I see, although you have to dig to find it, is the ability to see your full supercharging history. That includes if your someone like me that still have free unlimited supercharging on their car. I can see my history all the way back to Jan 2017. Doesn't appear to have any of my history from the second half of 2016 (purchased my MS90D end of June 2016).
How do you see supercharging history, I can’t find it in the new iOS app