Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't got the updated app yet, but does it still show the nearby SuperCharger site status?
they made the Supercharger status harder to find - instead of being right in front of you in the Charging section with a list of several nearest SCs, now you have to open up the Location panel (which shows current location of your car on a map), then pinch-to-zoom-out several times and/or scroll the map until you happen to be zoomed out far enough to be lucky to see a red pin or two marking a nearby Supercharger. The red pin will show # of free stalls at that location; tapping the pin will give you a bit more info and let you send the location to your car.

but far less convenient to use than the previous version of the app. a big step backwards in UI useability for this feature IMO

Last edited:
Android app was out yesterday. Downloaded it on my Pixel 4. Was version 4.0.0-266. Looks like the pulled it soon after. Received a new update today. Version 4.0.1-646 -722a67005.

Didn't notice any changes, but my guess is it was effecting some Android phone manufacturers with crappy overlays (cough One UI cough), so they had to make adjustments for that one OEM.

And yes, there is a widget of sorts for Android. It's in your notification tray.... if you allow it. See pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-194735.png
    Screenshot_20210827-194735.png
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark57
Soooo. Had an “opportunity” to use the roadside assistance on the new app today after a flat on the highway.
Unable to connect with roadside assistance using the app. Error message each time.
Frustrating to say the least.
Eventually able to call via the menu in the car under the service menu to get help and got towed to the service center in Raleigh.

if the app is going to be the primary conduit for comms it has gotta be bullet proof. Currently it’s not

Soooo. Had an “opportunity” to use the roadside assistance on the new app today after a flat on the highway.
Unable to connect with roadside assistance using the app. Error message each time.
Frustrating to say the least.
Eventually able to call via the menu in the car under the service menu to get help and got towed to the service center in Raleigh.

if the app is going to be the primary conduit for comms it has gotta be bullet proof. Currently it’s not
Do you carry "fix a flat" n your boot (trunk)? Since I started buying cars that lack spare tires, I always have it with me. 5 minutes and you're back on the road to get yourself home.

they made the Supercharger status harder to find - instead of being right in front of you in the Charging section with a list of several nearest SCs, now you have to open up the Location panel (which shows current location of your car on a map), then pinch-to-zoom-out several times and/or scroll the map until you happen to be zoomed out far enough to be lucky to see a red pin or two marking a nearby Supercharger. The red pin will show # of free stalls at that location; tapping the pin will give you a bit more info and let you send the location to your car.

but far less convenient to use than the previous version of the app. a big step backwards in UI useability for this feature IMO
Also, the old app will show the time it takes to charge to reach your next destination (supercharger). This is very helpful on long road trip. The new app does not show this.

How do you see supercharging history, I can’t find it in the new iOS app
Supercharging history is buried a few layers deep, but on the iOS app. I honestly found it just by poking around. Here's how to find it ...

From the main screen, click on your account profile icon in the far upper right corner (will show your profile pic if you've added one)
From profile screen, click on Account
From the Profile | Account screen, click on Charging
On the Profile | Account | Charging screen you should see options for Manage Payment and History
--- > Click on History

There you should see a listing of sessions for the last 6 months. Mine simply show location without any details as I have free supercharging, so if I click the expand down carrot symbol it won't list anything more. My hypothesis is if you have pay per use supercharging you may see details of time/energy, etc.

Below the last six months I see years listed. I can expand each of those and see months, with option to download the summary for the month. For me, even though I have free supercharging, those downloaded monthly summaries show me the CHARGING: and PARKING: entry. The CHARGING: entry has my total energy added (kWh). I'm guessing the PARKING: entry would show me time and cost if I had any fees for idle time if I had not disconnected within 5 minutes at a busy supercharger location (I've never incurred an idle fee, so I don't have any entries to show me for certain how these would show).

Has anyone found any use of the widget? Seems like it doesn’t update unless you open the app, sooo, what’s the point? lol

That what I said above, the old [iOS] widget had charge state and controls for AC, Frunk, Lock, the new one, while aesthetically jazzier has zero controls - it's just basically charge, lock status and a launcher for the App (unless I'm totally missing something).

Reactions: phantasms
I think one needs to use a commercial apk site:
it involves downloading their installer app and watching a 15 second ad after you download their "apk package" and launch it. I did this and now have v4 !

(One could also simply share the apk directly, and then people could tell android to install the file directly. But you'd still want a trustworthy source)