Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else run into problems with HVAC controls using the new app? A few times now I’ve turned on AC 5-10 minutes before going to my car, set the temperature, and waited for the “blowing air graphic” to show up, then found my car is still hot AF inside and the AC is not running.

Reactions: GOVA
Where did your found the full supercharging history on the Tesla apps ? Thanks for your answer.
I had already provided the detailed steps a few posts earlier in this thread.

Supercharging history is buried a few layers deep, but on the iOS app. I honestly found it just by poking around. Here's how to find it ...

From the main screen, click on your account profile icon in the far upper right corner (will show your profile pic if you've added one)
From profile screen, click on Account
From the Profile | Account screen, click on Charging
On the Profile | Account | Charging screen you should see options for Manage Payment and History
--- > Click on History

Reactions: WhiteWi
What widget allowed you to precondition your car?
The Tesla app. The previous iOS app had a widget that displayed your cars status and had 3 buttons much like the design of the old app for the fan, keyless driving & lock/unlock shortcuts. I don't have an actual screenshot of my phone but found a screenshot someone took on reddit when they were having problems previously

Attachments

• lmuzcmfoqwo21.jpg
    lmuzcmfoqwo21.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
For those not happy with the very small font size. It’s actually linked to the iPhone text size parameter, in “Settings > Display and Brightness > Text size” : there you can increase the font size. Not ideal, and makes for a too large font in iOS in other apps.

It's way better if you have 2 teslas and it's way better "holding" commands while your car wakes up.

The command queuing works really well, we only have one Tesla, but I have been reading the multicar experience is way better.

Everything else seems like either just a UI change, or a step back in terms of breadth of functionality/information presentment.

There's several place (in the iOS App) where they didn't follow a pretty standard design pattern. Honestly, instead of trying to get too custom, they should just work on the underlying nuts~n~bolts, the backend services, and build things around a simple, information rich, standard UI.

Selecting the range to charge per mile is a little annoying. I liked it better when I could just toggle between trip and daily for charge. I don't really have a need to pick 211, 212, 213,214, etc. miles of range to charge to.

I like the original better also. Better graphics especially on the power/energy products.
I agree on the Powerwall reporting. It was so slick in the earlier version. Now, I can't see what is going on as in the original version. Here is the ole vs. new comparison. Previously, I could easily and quickly see what was happening on a single pain, with data down below. The new version may have more data, but it is not nearly as clear as the earlier version. I can't believe someone at Tesla thought the new app is better!

Attachments

• Old App.png
    Old App.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 45
  • New App.PNG
    New App.PNG
    256.6 KB · Views: 44
  • New App Sum.png
    New App Sum.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 47