Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out and about today and wanted to vent the car windows before I returned to the car. Even with the phone set to maximum brightness, and standing in some shade, I was totally unable to see the screen well enough to figure out which icon to click to vent. Terrible. The screen details are so small and so faint -- what is the purpose of making it so hard to read? Completely undermines the value of it. Maybe once I memorize the screen arrangement, I will be able to use it in daylight. The UI designers should be horse-whipped!

I was out and about today and wanted to vent the car windows before I returned to the car. Even with the phone set to maximum brightness, and standing in some shade, I was totally unable to see the screen well enough to figure out which icon to click to vent. Terrible. The screen details are so small and so faint -- what is the purpose of making it so hard to read? Completely undermines the value of it. Maybe once I memorize the screen arrangement, I will be able to use it in daylight. The UI designers should be horse-whipped!
Have you tried reading the list of inbox messages? Dark gray on a black background and nearly impossible to read, even indoors. If you tap on one of them, fortunately the color changes to white but it might still be difficult to read outdoors.

Reactions: dhrivnak
The phone app has a renewed visual, also the charging part is new, looks good by the way. Anyway one can charge now up to 100% without warning, however it does only 450 km on my app instead of the expected close to 500 km. Is this a new safety feature so that the new 100% is in fact 90%, or is anybody else noticing similar changes ?

I wish they would allow you to see superchargers within a larger radius (at least 200 miles). When I travel and I’m stopped at a supercharger, I like to check my options for my next stop when I may be inside eating or walking around.

Reactions: byeLT4
I wish they would allow you to see superchargers within a larger radius (at least 200 miles). When I travel and I’m stopped at a supercharger, I like to check my options for my next stop when I may be inside eating or walking around.
Yeah, hopefully this is just the first implementation and they will make it better. It doesn't do much good to show me the 4 closest locations if I've already passed them. We need it to load more as we pan the map.

We always use ABRP in advance for road trips but it would be nice if the Tesla app loaded Supercharger locations in the currently selected map.

The difficulty is knowing where you're heading. It's easier to propose the right chargers if you do an actual route planning. Otherwise, it's just you assuming you can make it to a charger.
Also, presenting too many points on a small view as you zoom out makes for a cluttered map. Typically mapping systems will either turn off the layer or start grouping points into bundles, in which case you lose the identity and precise location of the points. It's not that nothing can be done but it's more difficult let's say. A solution for a specific workflow, e.g. planning a route, makes it easier / cleaner.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The phone app has a renewed visual, also the charging part is new, looks good by the way. Anyway one can charge now up to 100% without warning, however it does only 450 km on my app instead of the expected close to 500 km. Is this a new safety feature so that the new 100% is in fact 90%, or is anybody else noticing similar changes ?
Wondering about this as well... No "trip" section it seems.
Also wondering what the fan on the main page does versus the climate page.

why oh why did this new phone app get rid of the time remaining to get to your next stop? Why does Tesla app developers suck so badly? have u tried to see this thing in the daylight? it. makes. no. sense. When actually driving on a long roadtrip, the ONLY way to monitor how much time is remaining to charge is to go back to the car and look at the energy graph. it's just stupid to take away that piece of info on the mobile app.

Can someone tell me how to uninstall this crap new app and return to the old one on ios? wow. new should mean better but this is absolutely is not the case.

not sorry about this rant.

Reactions: David29
why oh why did this new phone app get rid of the time remaining to get to your next stop? Why does Tesla app developers suck so badly? have u tried to see this thing in the daylight? it. makes. no. sense. When actually driving on a long roadtrip, the ONLY way to monitor how much time is remaining to charge is to go back to the car and look at the energy graph. it's just stupid to take away that piece of info on the mobile app.

Can someone tell me how to uninstall this crap new app and return to the old one on ios? wow. new should mean better but this is absolutely is not the case.

Haven't supercharged with new app yet but that sounds like an oversight!

:confused:The difficulty is knowing where you're heading. It's easier to propose the right chargers if you do an actual route planning. Otherwise, it's just you assuming you can make it to a charger.
Also, presenting too many points on a small view as you zoom out makes for a cluttered map. Typically mapping systems will either turn off the layer or start grouping points into bundles, in which case you lose the identity and precise location of the points. It's not that nothing can be done but it's more difficult let's say. A solution for a specific workflow, e.g. planning a route, makes it
I can't figure out the logic they are using to display Superchargers. Originally, I thought it was the four closest locations. Now it is still showing four locations but is omitting seven locations that are closer.
Screenshot_20210916-150706_Tesla.jpg

I went to the screen a minute later and two of the closer locations just appeared.
Screenshot_20210916-151209_Tesla.jpg

Must be somewhat random as it just changed again.
Screenshot_20210916-151657_Tesla.jpg

Haven't supercharged with new app yet but that sounds like an oversight!
We still see estimated charge time when Supercharging.
Screenshot_20210916-164155_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Bgarel
We still see estimated charge time when Supercharging.

@MorrisonHiker that's different--what you've shown is the time to charge to whatever charge limit you set in the app or car. What was being talked about is if you're using navigation to get somewhere and nav has you stop at a Supercharger to top up--in the car it shows you how long you need to charge before you can get back on the road and make it to your destination, which is typically less time than it would take you to charge to your charge limit.

Think of it like a "soft limit" where it will keep charging anyway (up to the "hard limit" charge limit you define) but beyond that soft limit isn't necessary to make it to your destination.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker