Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...or use FSD for traffic lights 😃

IMHO The criteria are designed to filter out people who don't routinely used the existing FSD whenever they can.
I don't think that would've helped in my situation tho... I was already almost at a complete stop, and I was already well before the line... The car that flashed red was inside the intersection that was going the opposite direction, and turned left in front of me.

Even more irritating when you are slowing down for a red light, and you are almost at a complete stop, and the car flashes the collision warning becuase of a car that turned in the intersection, which you are in zero danger of actually hitting, because you are almost stopped, and are not even in the intersection...
I had the same thing happen to me today. The light was green I went through the intersection and I got yelled at by the software because it did not like the position of the other car in the relationship to my position even though there was no safety issue at all.

Last edited:
So are the millions of Android users just doomed to have less information available to them in trying to meet Tesla's selection criteria? Until Google decides to release it anyway. That seems pretty problematic.

Why can't they just publish the score on the Tesla website, where we all have accounts that we log into too?

So are the millions of Android users just doomed to have less information available to them in trying to meet Tesla's selection criteria? Until Google decides to release it anyway. That seems pretty problematic.

Why can't they just publish the score on the Tesla website, where we all have accounts that we log into too?
I spoke with six iPhone users last night with FSD and none of them have the Score available. I then called Tesla Support in Utah. the gentleman told me that it will should on your phone as the Servers can handle the load. Once your car has been turned on it will then appear on your phone. And that if you ate running the newest App that iPhone or Android makes no difference on this rollout...

Curiously, the Android app is NOT available on Play Store, but is available for those risk takers with an "unofficial" build on a mirror site. NFW I care that much to risk an unofficial app from (sorry) a non-verified source. Pretty easy to sneak in a difficult-to-detect trojan or virus for those taking that risk.

Every cybersecurity rule we are taught is meaningless with "unofficial" sources, in spite of it apparently running fine. All to get a feature a few days early.

The bigger question, IMO, is why Tesla has not officially released the Android version.
This is exactly right. As much as I want to see my safety score (an almost perfect "honey pot") it is insane to download an unoffical app from a non-verified souce. O Tesla, were art thou with the f---ing Android app?

This is exactly right. As much as I want to see my safety score (an almost perfect "honey pot") it is insane to download an unofficial app from a non-verified source. O Tesla, were art thou with the f---ing Android app?
It is not a problem with the App, the newest Android App is 4.32.22 I spoke to six iPhone users last night they also cannot see their scores. I then spoke with Support in Utah. They explained that is is rolling out as the servers can handle the additional load. When it starts scoring car, then your phone will display your score...

So I get that my Android app will take 2 weeks to have the right version available. But my wife's iPhone still doesn't have it either. I get that other people are getting it - but she checks the AppStore and there is no newer version (she's on 4.0.2). I kind of gave up on that.

Reactions: Tedkidd
So I get that my Android app will take 2 weeks to have the right version available. But my wife's iPhone still doesn't have it either. I get that other people are getting it - but she checks the AppStore and there is no newer version (she's on 4.0.2). I kind of gave up on that.
Your wife’s iPhone needs to be on IOS 14.8 or greater to receive the latest app update. I am on IOS 15.1 beta 1 and received the update on Friday afternoon.

Get the updated app from any of the links already provided if you can't wait .

Screenshot_20210928-073512.png

We've got a '21 M3, MSM exterior / white interior - in the [new] app the exterior is correct, but the interior shows as black (with wood trim), which is the same as It was in the pre-4.0 version.

So no improvement for us (with a recent Model 3).

The new iOS App, showing as 4.1.1 actually fixed our interior color in the climate controls! I know it's a pretty trivial thing, but nice it's resolved - and via the App, someone had mentioned it could be some kind of upstream/server-side car config that was misconfigured.

BTW, a few feature I really love for iPadOS 15 is that it properly orients iPhone apps now. In other words, previously, if you had your iPad sitting on your desk in landscape mode (like quite a few folks do), and you opened an iPhone app, it was rotated to absolute "up", now it displays relative up.

Makes the Tesla app a good bit handier to use on an iPad :)

Please do not side-load applications on your Android, unless you do Android application development, and then only side-load your own applications.
Why?
(Genuinely want to know. Is PlayStore not going to upgrade the app next time Tesla updates in the PlayStore?? )

I finally broke down and installed the alternative Tesla app for Android yesterday and saw our driving score.
I am giving up on Tesla. I've been driving like a granny for 7 days now - I got 2 decent scores the first 2 days and then some horrible scores for no reason. I thought my wife did something crazy - but then today only I drove the car - and there was only 1 front collision warning - everything else was super sedate. And the score is horrible.
I guess Tesla will use that as an excuse NOT to provide FSD. I will wait a few months - maybe 3, maybe 6. If I don't get FSD I will go to small claims court and recover 5K of the $6K I paid for this. It's one thing to say "the software is beta and will not be fully functional" - I understand that. It's another thing to use that as an excuse NOT to deliver anything for another 3 years.

Why?
(Genuinely want to know. Is PlayStore not going to upgrade the app next time Tesla updates in the PlayStore?? )

I finally broke down and installed the alternative Tesla app for Android yesterday and saw our driving score.
I am giving up on Tesla. I've been driving like a granny for 7 days now - I got 2 decent scores the first 2 days and then some horrible scores for no reason. I thought my wife did something crazy - but then today only I drove the car - and there was only 1 front collision warning - everything else was super sedate. And the score is horrible.
I guess Tesla will use that as an excuse NOT to provide FSD. I will wait a few months - maybe 3, maybe 6. If I don't get FSD I will go to small claims court and recover 5K of the $6K I paid for this. It's one thing to say "the software is beta and will not be fully functional" - I understand that. It's another thing to use that as an excuse NOT to deliver anything for another 3 years.
If you don't understand why people shouldn't side-load applications on Android, then you are definitely one of the people who shouldn't.

If you fully understand the risks, then you might, but most people who do, wouldn't.

BTW 4.1 will get into the Android PlayStore soon.

If you don't understand why people shouldn't side-load applications on Android, then you are definitely one of the people who shouldn't.

If you fully understand the risks, then you might, but most people who do, wouldn't.

BTW 4.1 will get into the Android PlayStore soon.
That is the funnies post I've seen in a while. This is like your girlfriend telling you "if you don't know I'm mad at you then I'm not going to say anything".

Sure I didn't want to sideload the app. But there was no other way to see my score - and it did turn out to be a shocker. So I'd like to know what was so bad about it. You're the guy the volunteered advice on that.

Saying the app will get on PlayStore "soon" when the trial was supposed to be 7 days - ending today for me - is kind of useless.

2 Things I dislike about the new app. If you have range set to "miles" it is difficult to set the max charge to a percentage. Second, when I check the location of the vehicle, it loads the map in dark mode -- which I don't like and makes it harder to decipher. Also, the default zoom in the map is too close so I end up having to zoom out as soon as I check the car's location. This is running on Android.
You are correct iamnid: This new Tesla app is annoying- the Location Map comes on dark background and in too high zoom. To add insult to injury, there is no place for the user to change the setting. (the aerial-photo-map mode, works ok).

snapshot-001.jpg

Reactions: iamnid