Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App Easter Egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My range yesterday on my Model 3 was near that target number so drove for coffee and then back home where it ended up at 121 (great since I kept watching it count down and didn't want to have to pull over into some office park to try it out). Fun little thing and must have just been luck to have stumbled on it and touched your app at the right time, and only the battery too. More like an app easter egg than a car one though. Anyway should we be looking for something to appear if the battery drops down to 42?

My range yesterday on my Model 3 was near that target number so drove for coffee and then back home where it ended up at 121 (great since I kept watching it count down and didn't want to have to pull over into some office park to try it out). Fun little thing and must have just been luck to have stumbled on it and touched your app at the right time, and only the battery too. More like an app easter egg than a car one though. Anyway should we be looking for something to appear if the battery drops down to 42?
Yes. « Battery low! Charge now or you may not reach your destination »

So it's about 195km (for those not stick with medieval measuring units)
I wonder if the maybe the number, not the range is trigging it, and what happens if you have opted to see battery percentage, not range..

if your car is set to display km, tapping on the battery in the app when you are at the equivalent 195km (=121mi) does not trigger the easter egg. But if you then switch the car to display miles, when you open the smartphone app and tap on the 121mi battery, that triggers it. So looks like it's the "121" displayed that's important.

My 2015 S 70D was charging and when I checked it had 122 miles.
I stopped charging. I then turned on the heat to drain the battery of one mile of range.
I now had 121 miles of range.
I did not see the easter egg. I rebooted my phone and reestablished connection with the Tesla app.
Still no Easter egg.
Am I doing it wrong or is my car too old for it to work?

I have a Dec 2015 70D. I confirm the easter egg works with my car with 121mi displayed
(iOS Tesla app v3.8.1 , car on v9 2018.48.12.1)

Reactions: st50maint
this is so funny. Nice touch Tesla.... Just Got it my self today.

Did not get it first (guess it’s been to long since i’ve seen the movies ).....

But Works on a models S as Well :)

Attachments

• C5D1EF56-BF87-4D8C-9B03-1DC1C3E59575.png
    C5D1EF56-BF87-4D8C-9B03-1DC1C3E59575.png
    666.2 KB · Views: 101
  • D1E11025-5626-4077-B900-4B1C5A75872D.png
    D1E11025-5626-4077-B900-4B1C5A75872D.png
    787.8 KB · Views: 70