Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App is great

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2017-2-14_7-1-49.png

Is it just me or is there really no difference other than the looks. Im hoping its just preparation for useful updates to come.

Given the conflicting reports on connection delays it may be useful to establish whether sleep mode is enabled on the vehicle.

The new app fails to connect to our S the majority of the time now (80% of the time it fails). No settings changed in the car (and sleep mode is not active).

It just spins and times out. Over and over. Killing the app and restarting doesn't help.

If it does start to work, it usually does right as I'm about to give up on it. Maybe it's secretly using the phone's camera to watch my facial expressions ....

• Funny
Reactions: Chaz
Serious question: Can I regress back to the old version? I have android and my wife has Apple.
You can, wife probably can't. Try apkmirror, downloading something relevant and installing manually (you'll probably have to 'set allow untrusted sources' somewhere in the settings)

On a sidenote, I'm very happy with the new app. Finally connects in a timely and consistent manner :)

The new app fails to connect to our S the majority of the time now (80% of the time it fails). No settings changed in the car (and sleep mode is not active).

It just spins and times out. Over and over. Killing the app and restarting doesn't help.

If it does start to work, it usually does right as I'm about to give up on it. Maybe it's secretly using the phone's camera to watch my facial expressions ....
I experience the same issue - prevents use of Summon.

Ever since I downloaded the new app, I no longer get notifications on my iphone 7. All my notification settings on both the phone and the app are on.... is anyone else having this issue? I am accustomed to getting notifications when my MX has started and completed charging.

New version doesn't work for me. Old version worked all the time. Now I just get spinning attempt to connect, but it never connects. Tried closing app, logging out, reinstalling, rebooting phone, etc. Really missing having a functioning app.