Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App - neat look, but no Supercharger Availability info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be in one of the fancy icons instead of under "Charging" where I usually find it, but I liked how I could see supercharger availability information in the app (without needing to be in the car) to see if it made sense to drive over to the supercharger. Did it disappear with the latest update? Sad :(

I am a bit disappointed that you can’t see, or set the car to navigate to, distant superchargers using the app. I know it can be done on the car’s screen, but I have my phone in my hand and my car is out in the garage, plus I’m lazy.

I have a few trips coming up where there is no (or L1 only) destination charging at the place I’m actually going, so I’d like to just navigate to the closest supercharger, “fill up,” and then go on to my destination. It seems like if the data is out there (the car can show them at any distance), then the superchargers should also appear on the app’s map.

First world problems, but I suppose when we refer to electric cars, they all are.

I am a bit disappointed that you can’t see, or set the car to navigate to, distant superchargers using the app.
Yeah, one of the shortfalls that the app always had. The workaround that has worked for me is to use the Apple Maps app (on iPhone; I am sure you can do the same with a different app on an Android device) to search for "Supercharger [City]". Select the one that works for you and then share it to your car. I do this on road trips and quite a bit for general driving.

Reactions: Ogre
Saying Location shows the Superchargers is a bit of an overstatement.
For example, I'm in San Mateo, CA - but the only chargers I can see are 2 in San Bruno/South San Francisco, and 2 in Oakland/Berkeley.
I'm literally on top of 2 others here in San Mateo that don't show top, and there are tons of them south of me - map shows nothing.