TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Blog Post 7/12/2012: Get Amped Tour: News from the Road

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NigelM, Jul 12, 2012.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

New Blog Post: Get Amped Tour: News from the Road

Hmm, now that the CF front and back is being removed/changed, is there much point in having the CF spoiler?

2. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

I was also thinking along those lines. If the CF spoiler is the only exterior CF accent I may opt for the no spoiler look.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Can someone that knows the lingo point out in pictures where these are? Thanks.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

yeah, first we lose the nose cone, now these bits. I'd like it if it were still an option to keep those bits -- or at least order them from Tesla. This way, I can put them on for a show or just to have, then swap out if it gets too scuffed.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

diffusers.png

depending on their definition, it could be the smaller piece in the second pic.

6. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

#6 spatterso911, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Front lower valence (See the grill below the nose cone? Then the white part (front chin or lower valence)? The CF part is connected to the front lower valence.

IMG_1207.JPG

Rear Diffuser (Underneath the dark gray bumper trim)

IMG_1211.JPG

:biggrin:

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Thanks, both.

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

New Blog Post: Get Amped Tour: News from the Road

Here

Discussing the addition of Texas to the Get Amped tour (yay!), and some 'product updates'...

9. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Still a not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber being deleted from the Performance model. I'm torn because I really want the CF but I also really don't want to have crazy rock chips right away. In the end, I'll probably be glad that the car won't look crummy right away.

I'm REALLY happy about the fact that they're putting that little shelf in. I'm going to have to put some non-slip stuff in there so that my iPhone doesn't end up in the trunk every time I accelerate.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I think the accents are so minor that you probably won't notice. You would notice if they are all banged up so if it's a cheaper, more sturdy material then that's probably ok. Will have to see how it looks though.

11. Lyon

Yeah, that's pretty much how my thought process is proceeding.

12. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Agree. The CF accents were barely noticeable. It would have been nice to have CF on the nose cone rather than the shinny black.
    Now that they are going away, I'm hesitating on getting the CF spoiler. Will have to think about it...

13. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Me, too! Reports from Seattle were that the shelf already had a non-slip floor. Would be nice if there were a door on this shelf that folded away invisibly.

14. Lyon

That would be nice. I would worry about the door being either flimsy or clunky (which seems to be the options for little fold-away covers in my experience). If that's the case I'll take it without the door any day. Anyway, something for 2.0 or 1.5!

15. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yes, there's a slightly-ridged rubber lining in that small shelf. You can kind of see it in the pics in the first post of the Opportunity Console thread.

Not too sure but, I think there's a slight inward-and-down incline in there as well?! That'll make it less likely for anything to slide out when we do those drag race starts :)

16. kvietor

kvietor Model S S280 VIN 168

I'm still interested in the matched trim and ribbed floor in the center console.

17. gg_got_a_tesla

Something to that effect will probably be offered as an accessory. May be made available through the design studio for folks configuring later in the cycle.

18. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ditto. Thanks for the pics. I've decided to nix the spoiler now :crying:, put a call in to CA but I think they've all gone home tonight.

19. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

The spoiler can be taken off without damage I was told so maybe ask them to put it in the frunk for you if you're not sure. I assume it can be added later as well.

20. gg_got_a_tesla

Nigel, please have Tesla deliver that detached. I'll take it. I'll pay for the shipping on that :)