Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The image posted by @FlatSix911 is incorrect. The Fremont #2 Supercharger building is 47400 Kato Rd, which is on the Tesla Factory side of the Seagate building that has the solar panels on the roof. The two smaller buildings that appear on that lot in Google maps were torn down to build the existing building. The 47700 address he posted is approximately the Tesla - Solar City building which actually has a Page Ave address.

Thanks for the update ... it's the last time I will trust Google maps :cool:

Google told me 1.7 miles to 47400 Kato Road.

Kato Road (your blue line) is in a frontage road all the way, without interfering with busy traffic. Here is a Google Maps perspective view of the Kato Road bridge over the Mission Blvd pass through road to 680 (which is excruciatingly busy, but has many other alternatives such as Auto Mall Pkwy and such), and of the frontage road leading up to and away from it, with it intersecting only Warren Avenue and a few driveways and a smaller road (you can see part of the Tesla factory test loop in the lower right, and 880 freeway at the top):
View attachment 222872
As you can see, Kato Road doesn't block any other arterial road except for Warren Avenue, a relatively untraveled road with only a light smattering of small delivery vehicles. Kato Road itself is relatively unbusy.

The image posted by @FlatSix911 is incorrect. The Fremont #2 Supercharger building is 47400 Kato Rd, which is on the Tesla Factory side of the Seagate building that has the solar panels on the roof. The two smaller buildings that appear on that lot in Google maps were torn down to build the existing building. The 47700 address he posted is approximately the Tesla - Solar City building which actually has a Page Ave address.

That lends more credence to my hypothesis that Fremont #2 could be the new delivery center, thus freeing up the factory lot for more employees and more charging prior to deliveries.
dropped by there today, and saw no less than five brand new model S and X's some with their skins still on them (coating used to protect paintjob) however no progress on the charging stations at that location.

But I do think they are expanding into the back left corner of that building, which does strengthen my belief my hypothesis may be correct. We will have to wait and see at July Launch date approaches.

The new Supercharger map at www.tesla.com/findus does not show a future planned Supercharger at the location being discussed in this thread.

Therefore it seems clear to me that this location will not be a publically available Supercharger. I am therefore changing the thread title and moving this thread to the California forum We don't know for sure yet what this location will be. It may be a new delivery center. It may be something else. If it does turn out to be a public Supercharger I will move the thread again. Time will tell...

The new Supercharger map at www.tesla.com/findus does not show a future planned Supercharger at the location being discussed in this thread.

Therefore it seems clear to me that this location will not be a publically available Supercharger. I am therefore changing the thread title and moving this thread to the California forum We don't know for sure yet what this location will be. It may be a new delivery center. It may be something else. If it does turn out to be a public Supercharger I will move the thread again. Time will tell...

i'm not sure that's true, there's two fremont markers - the existing one at factory and one unspecified "Fremont" location. The pin location is not accurate most likely. this has to be Fremont #2 south of the factory.

fremont.png

i'm not sure that's true, there's two fremont markers - the existing one at factory and one unspecified "Fremont" location. The pin location is not accurate most likely. this has to be Fremont #2 south of the factory.
You may be correct. But maybe not. Pedestals were first sighted at this location in October 2015. About a year and a half ago. The pedestals are still not operational, or if they are, they are not open to the public (Tesla owners). If this was going to be a public Supercharger, why would Tesla wait so long to make them operational, especially considering how many local owners there are and how crowded Bay Area Superchargers always are?

Yes, the new Supercharger map released today shows many "Coming Soon" locations that appear to simply be in the approximate center of a town or city. But it shows many other such locations fairly precisely. See the 3 SF city locations, each has a different name and a location that is consistent with the name. See the new San Mateo Hillsdale location: it is located right at the Hillsdale Mall on Hillsdale Ave. Nothing approximate about that.

20170422_071607.jpg
i snapped a photo over the weekend since i live closeby (not a great photo sorry), pedestals are clearly not operational still but they started to move a few new S/Xs on the lot, and there's clearly some digging near the pedestals. I see a lot of cars parked there too during business hours. definitely more activity here than in recent months.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I believe this should remain labelled Fremont #2, as it is closer to completion than any other location (no other Tesla SC sites spotted in Fremont yet). Until such time this thread should continue to be the topic thread for discussing the currently, however partially built-out location.

Reactions: nikeykid
I believe this should remain labelled Fremont #2, as it is closer to completion than any other location (no other Tesla SC sites spotted in Fremont yet). Until such time this thread should continue to be the topic thread for discussing the currently, however partially built-out location.
This thread is most definitely the place to discuss this "partially built-out location". But at this point we do not know if this location will be a public Supercharger or be used by Tesla for something else.

As I noted upthread, Supercharger pedestals were first sighted here in October 2015, a year and a half ago. They are still not operational as near as we can tell. I am not aware of any existing Supercharger location that has taken over 18 months to become operational after ground was broken. And this location is associated with a very large Tesla building whose purpose is unknown to us. It is not at a Service Center, Showroom, or a stand alone location. It is unique.

So let's wait and see what happens. Leaving this thread in the California Superchargers forum with the standard thread title style used in that forum misleads people into thinking that it is 100% certain that this location will be a public Supercharger. I think that is a false assumption. We know that the new Tesla Supercharger map shows a second Supercharger somewhere in Fremont, but the gray pin is not at this specific location.

We know that the new Tesla Supercharger map shows a second Supercharger somewhere in Fremont, but the gray pin is not at this specific location.

Although to be fair, until they rolled out the new map with future pins all pointing to Google Map names the pin was basically pointing at this location (although hard to tell because you couldn't zoom into the old map).

I think the building is now operating at its full capacity. I see a very crowded parking lot these days. Needless to say all "Supercharger" stalls are iced the entire time.
They are probably using the parking for factory employees until the SC goes live. The factory parking lot is too small and Tesla is shuttling employees from other locations to accomodate the number of employees working these days.

I think the building is now operating at its full capacity. I see a very crowded parking lot these days. Needless to say all "Supercharger" stalls are iced the entire time.

They are probably using the parking for factory employees until the SC goes live. The factory parking lot is too small and Tesla is shuttling employees from other locations to accomodate the number of employees working these days.
So it's possible that these may never be available for public use, especially if there is some kind of controlled entrance to the parking lot.

Just read through some of the last pages of this thread yesterday. Then today saw Teslarati's story with the video of the M3 on Tesla's test track that got driven to a commercial lot location a couple of blocks away with something like 20 unfinished superchargers there. Same place as referred to here??

First look at Tesla Model 3 on test track at Fremont factory [Video]
Yes, on Reddit the OP says that the "Secret Base of Operations" is on Kato road, which is this location. Looks like Tesla is doing some Model 3 development in this building. Maybe it's where they keep the Model 3 release candidates.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad