Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Charger Location Map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're missing the point. It's not intended to take the place of plugshare. Of course plugshare will show many more places to charge. This is to publicize Tesla's destination charging program of HPWCs installed at destinations. Hotels or other destinations support Telsas, we support them.

I get full well the point of the map. Perhaps you missed my point that something like plugshare, which people would look at to actually find chargers, is a far better place to advertise the program. Hotel owners like free advertising and getting listed there means people will see their hotel. Being listed in a ghetto map doesn't really do much good for them - when I am trip planning, I MIGHT look there but I will definitely look at plugshare/recargo. 1000X more impressions from that. The better publicity is that which more people see.

The "Wall Connector" overseas like Hong Kong, China and Australia is not "High Power", it's only 32A single phase at the moment. Possibly 40A when they get the proper 40A Type-2 Handle. People joked it should be called "LPWC". The 3-phase wall connector is not released in any market yet either.

I get full well the point of the map. Perhaps you missed my point that something like plugshare, which people would look at to actually find chargers, is a far better place to advertise the program. Hotel owners like free advertising and getting listed there means people will see their hotel. Being listed in a ghetto map doesn't really do much good for them - when I am trip planning, I MIGHT look there but I will definitely look at plugshare/recargo. 1000X more impressions from that. The better publicity is that which more people see.

Hi Phil,

I believe that what we are seeing previewed on this basic map is Tesla's Premium Destination Charging Program which is comprised of just a limited number of qualifying destinations. It is highly likely that we will see these same locations programmed into the Model S navigation system in a similar manner as the Superchargers. The intent is not to display all charging locations.

Larry

Check it out. If you uncheck the boxes for sales and service centers and just check mark " Chargers" you will see large markers for SC's and small markers for Tesla HPWC both 40 amp and 80 amp listings. The Coeur d' Alene Resort is listed as having 2 - 80 Amp Tesla HPWC and would be available if you had a meal or a massage or any service from them. It's a super high priced resort but I just called them and they confirmed that have a meal and you can get an 80 amp charge. It's right on the lake so the views would be awesome while you wait. I just found out that Driggs, Idaho has a new Vodka Distillery and they are a new "Tesla Charging Partner". So now I can drive to the Tetons and have access to 40 amps from this 80 amp power supply without the hassle of making arrangements with a trailer parK. Jackson Hole here we come! Unfortunately I did not order Twin Chargers, so I will not get the full advantage from these 80 amp sources. If this becomes a trend, however, and more of these pop up to meet my travel needs, I just might need to invest in getting a second Charger installed. If I had to do it over, I would order the twin chargers with any new Model S purchase.

I was talking to a brand new "Tesla Charging Partner" a Four Seasons Hotel in Jackson Hole, WY that will soon have a Tesla HPWC available. The concierge said it was his understanding that all Four Seasons Hotels, Nationwide are going to partner with Tesla and provide 40 or 80 amp Tesla HPWC's.

Last edited: