Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Cord Wrangler Design (and colors)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little over a year ago, when my wife got her Model X, I set out to help manage the dangling charging cord in our garage. I created a kit of three parts that I 3D printed that helped hold the charging cord and plug. I figured other Tesla owners would find them useful so I placed the items for sale on Etsy.

After servicing many happy customers, throughout the world, I've recently redesigned the kit to be easier to install and use and slightly more stylish.

Tesla Cord Wrangler Kit

The new version integrates one of the hooks into the plug holder and we're also now shipping mounting screws and drywall hooks. The parts are 3D printed on-demand and available in black, gray, white, red, orange and green!

As a modern-day twist on allowances, my 14 year old daughter has been charged with managing the store, taking orders, providing customer service and shipping! She keeps most of the profit! Eventually she plans to learn some 3D modeling as well.

Attachments

• gray_movie.gif
    gray_movie.gif
    4 MB · Views: 191
It looks great and I love the family business component! My Roadster charger is in the garage but my MS charger is outside the garage so I would need to drill into concrete. Is that a problem or would some kind of strong double sided tape product work best?

I like the cord wrangler. I am using the Tesla hanger and the looped cord has a droop radius of about two feet. Less during the heat of the summer.
My addition was to get a bike water bottle cage and mount it about a foot under the 14-50 plug. The cage supports the weight of the lump of electronics (is there a name for this lump?) that holds the green charging light.

I like the cord wrangler. I am using the Tesla hanger and the looped cord has a droop radius of about two feet. Less during the heat of the summer.
My addition was to get a bike water bottle cage and mount it about a foot under the 14-50 plug. The cage supports the weight of the lump of electronics (is there a name for this lump?) that holds the green charging light.

The lump is the UMC. We'll have a holder for that, too, shortly! In our garage our 240V outlet sits fairly high off the ground, so we've never had to worry about the lump hitting the floor. It just dangles. ;)

It looks great and I love the family business component! My Roadster charger is in the garage but my MS charger is outside the garage so I would need to drill into concrete. Is that a problem or would some kind of strong double sided tape product work best?

Drilling into concrete would be straightforward, but you'd have to secure those parts at your local hardware store. Should you get our kit, just take the mounting screws that come with it to the hardware store and look for masonry anchors that'll fit with them.

How does it hold up if you don't drill into studs in the drywall? The cord seems like it has a little bit of weight to it.

Also, can you post pics of all the colors if possible? Even if its just the filaments (right terminology?) that go into producing it?

Seems to do well just with drywall anchors (included). I've been tweaking the design (setting the holes up to allow more of the screw to protrude through the part).

Here are some pictures. White and green don't appear (temporarily out; waiting on filament from Amazon...).

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 88
  • FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 76
  • FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 78
  • FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    FullSizeRender 10.jpg