Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla documentary on CNBC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first 11 posts are the result of merging two threads.

A really cool new “documentary” on the history of Tesla from CNBC! Enjoy ;)
Sorry, not sure where to share this but I had to share this really intriguing and well made story on the history of Tesla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PACEMD and VQTRVA
CNBC: Let’s see how we can get short sellers, fired former employees and fired CEOs to bash Elon. While we’re at it, let’s only tell one side of the story with the “pedo” guy.... did NOT say “pedophile”. Oh and include Lora K. who is known for publishing hit pieces against Tesla and Elon.

And then that woman who was complaining about the 20 million to the SEC, uh the stock has more than made up for that loss. Not to mention she was FIRED and for good reason. She kept posting numbers on Twitter. She is just bitter.

And then let’s find a couple owners who are willing to trash the car company while ignoring the 100’s of thousands who love it.

This “documentary” should have made clear who the short sellers are when posting their clips. And even though Jim Kramer has finally done an about face because he is tired of looking like a complete idiot, I still don’t trust that guy.

^^^
Thanks for the summary. I may just watch it anyway.

It's Jim Cramer, BTW. He's the host of Mad Money and on also various CNBC shows.

Yeah thanks. I knew that. I’ll blame the wrong spelling on my iPhone early in the AM. ;)

To the layperson, this looks like a somewhat balanced piece. But it isn’t. Not by a long shot. There are few things I agree with Trump on. I do agree the media cannot be trusted. Still needed, but currently not trustworthy.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
In the end, it did mention that it invited Tesla but Tesla refused to participate.

So, who's to be blamed if the audience can only see a one-sided story?

CNBC. You think accurate, unbiased reporting, full disclosure and finding at least one happy Tesla vehicle owner who experienced good service requires a rep from Tesla?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sherlo
How do you know it’s a big deal in those circles? How can you claim that as absolute fact?

Because I worked in the Silicon Valley environment and was in the circles of these big time CEO's. You hear things when you are in those circles.

So basically you are admitting you were disagreeing without having any clue whether or not I know what I am talking about?

Doesn't look good on you.

• Disagree
Reactions: SO16 and Sherlo
It was not factual. Elon did not say “pedophile”. CNBC should have listed “Tesla short seller”.

People might misinterpret what "pedo guy" means but Elon Musk clarified with a follow-up letter:

“I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you f**king asshole,”

“He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time.”

“As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I f**king hope he sues me,”

Reactions: TripleTrucker
Are there ANY decent tv-channels or news-papers media etc. left in the USA, that are NOT politically biased, driven by greed and ratings or have lost their neutrality in bringing actual news?
CNBC = Crap
FOX = Junk
CNN = Never mind (everything is BREAKING NEWS!!!!)

I can't stand zapping through the channels on my hotel-room TV when i'm in the US. It's one big commercial cesspool, the one channel worse than the other...

Reactions: SO16 and Thp3