TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Tesla family member visiting Skokie, IL

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by SUMD, Nov 11, 2016.

1. SUMD

SUMD Member

Hi all, my family and I are awaiting our very own, first Tesla- the Model X 90D :)

Our first order of business once receiving the car will be to take a road trip from FL to Lincolnwood / Skokie, IL to visit family.

Being a first time EV owner, I'm slightly apprehensive of where I'll be able to charge while visiting family there (no one has garage parking with an outlet available).

Could anyone- perhaps from the Skokie/Lincolnwood area- give me any info on where I might be able to charge?

Also, any tips on road tripping in winter would be great as well!

2. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Looks like you'll only be ~15 miles south of the Highland Park Supercharger -- that will be lots simpler/faster to charge than local J1772 stations -- which are around that area too, take a look at PlugShare, but require payment to use as well as your J1772 adapter, and will be lots slower compared to Supercharging.

Will let others answer re: road-tripping -- lots of good experience here to draw from.

3. gnxs

gnxs Member

The Highland Park supercharger is about 10-12 miles away from Skokie. Also, Old Orchard Mall in Skokie has a Tesla gallery and they would certainly let you use their chargers if needed.

4. SUMD

SUMD Member

Thanks for quick replies you guys