Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla fan from Novato, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I have been lurking on the forum for months and finally decided to join officially. Thank you all for the massive amounts of information - it has been really useful. I jumped on the EV bandwagon in 2013 with a Fiat 500e lease and now it is time to swap out the other vehicle in the household for a model S. I have been trying to convince myself and my wife that we really could survive with a BMW i3 or the new e-Golf or the MB B ED, but we have concluded that we are kidding ourselves. We want the Tesla and we are going to get the Tesla instead of trying to convince ourselves that the others are as good - time to go all-in.

I just saw the announcement about the CPO program - that could be interesting for us to look at. Otherwise I'll take the plunge and get a new 85kWh model S ordered.

My wife and I are building a new net-zero energy home and are installing a PV system that will deliver all the energy to run the house (no gas-line in the house at all) and enough electricity to charge two electric cars. Going all net-zero with no fossil fuels consumed for home or cars at all.

Thanks,
Lars