Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Model 3 extended range locked me out, Tesla refused to help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of bars, goodbar, badbar, crowbar, cheapbar, sexbar, then
I used google :
lumbar is an adjective that means of or pertaining to the abdominal segment of the torso, between the diaphragm and the sacrum.
I really did not know this, never mind
Yes, the seats had an electric lumbar adjustment...like putting a pillow behind your lower back...all very nice for long journeys. But Elon found that nobody was using them, so to save money he removed them...I have one of the last cars with the lumbar support, but only on the driver’s seat

Yes, the seats had an electric lumbar adjustment...like putting a pillow behind your lower back...all very nice for long journeys. But Elon found that nobody was using them, so to save money he removed them...I have one of the last cars with the lumbar support, but only on the driver’s seat

Actually, they only removed the passenger lumbar. The driver’s lumbar support is still there on cars being built today.

That’s why I thought the removal of passenger lumbar was a nothingburger …

• Informative
Reactions: rpiotro and Bouba
Any deletion is annoying, but if there was a less-used function of my car, I don't know what it is. I can honestly say nobody ever adjusted the passenger lumbar support - not once - in my car. So if that part was causing production delays, let it be gone!
What pisses me off more is that they went out of their way to disable it for people who retrofitted the passenger lumbar.

I was following this post and came back to see if the OP had returned to update us on what had happened and if they stood next to their car this time but decided to skip a few pages. I started laughing when I saw the lumber/seat posts! Man that went off topic! 😀😀

I was following this post and came back to see if the OP had returned to update us on what had happened and if they stood next to their car this time but decided to skip a few pages. I started laughing when I saw the lumber/seat posts! Man that went off topic! 😀😀

The OP waited by the car for roadside assistance, but they never came. Eventually, the actual owner of that car came back. It was love at first sight. Now they're married with two dogs, two Teslas, and a million dollar 1100 sqft home surrounded by fire and avocado toast.

The End.

OP hasn't been back to the forum since post #69 on page 4 (Wed. 4/13). When I would moderate a Thinkpad forum I'd use this to gently tell people that the thread was drifting off topic:

anchor_ani.gif

OP hasn't been back to the forum since post #69 on page 4 (Wed. 4/13). When I would moderate a Thinkpad forum I'd use this to gently tell people that the thread was drifting off topic:

View attachment 794800

Oh this thread is WAAAAY off topic, and has been for quite some time. I believe some would already call me a bit "heavy handed" at times when it comes to some moderation things (like battery range posts for example).

If the OP was still participating in this thread I would likely have stepped in more, but as I said a bit ago, this thread took on a life of its own so I decided to just let it go, as long as the posts didnt break any rules.

I must be the culprit 😉. When answering to the OP post and saying that it’s always wise to have the Tesla card in your wallet with you, I also added that I was very happy with my car and the included features at the time of my purchase. I didn’t expect that thread to derail on the lumbar discussion. 😊

Actually, they only removed the passenger lumbar. The driver’s lumbar support is still there on cars being built today.

That’s why I thought the removal of passenger lumbar was a nothingburger …
And it is my understanding that it was removed strictly due to a parts shortage. Do you want your car in 90 days or 10 months with the passenger lumbar support? What would be your choice? Can't please everyone.

Reactions: WhiteWi
For folks with bad backs who sometimes switch drivers on road trips, passenger seat adjustable lumbar support would be nice to have. In lieu of that, a portable lumbar support cushion can be carried - not as convenient but hardly the end of the world.

In a perfect world, in a case like this involving decisions made due to supply chain issues, once the issue was resolved Tesla would offer a free optional upgrade to restore the vehicle’s features back to where they had been prior to the shortage. But I’m not holding my breath.

Reactions: Bouba
Tesla representatives told me , I don't need to carry the card key as long as I have my phone.
The app for roadside assistance didn't fail. I was also responding to them via app. There is a whole list of messages on my phone.
Hate piling on, but having owned cell phones since 1995 I can tell you they are not 100% reliable. They NEVER have been or will they EVER be. If you have owned a cell phone for more than a month you'd know that. And given how dicey modern tech is along with all the communications protocols I'm surprised you operate your Tesla with just the phone as a key and not carry the key card as a backup.

I'm shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.