TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla Model 3 -keeps rebooting screen

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Skye16, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Skye16

Skye16 New Member

Hello everyone

I am new to the Tesla family and loved it first few days! however on the 5th day or so I noticed the screen kept rebooting (with screen going black and reappearing with the Tesla logo). tried restarting it but no luck on fixing the issue. I noticed it happening more when reversing my car and it happens occasionally while driving. I took it to service last week and they had to get engineering involved and then once engineering couldn't figure it out they now have software department involved. I don't know what to do! they said I can still pick up my car and use it and software people will work on the issue offline.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas on what to do? not sure if I should pick up my car because concerned of them ignoring my issue! I don't find it safe driving with a black screen either (already been in an accident 2 months back where I lost my car).

Any insight at all would be much appreciated : )

2. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Haven’t heard or read about this type of issue, Lemon Law, get another one as this isn’t normal for a very new car.

What’s your build date, check inside your door and what’s your current software version.

Fred

3. Kimo

Kimo Member

My SR+ is doing this. I have had it a week and the screen has rebooted probably 10 times. Seems to happen when I unplug and get in and go into reverse. Just get a blank screen and the Tesla logo.

4. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Get it connected to WIFI so you can download the latest firmware. That should fix it.

Fred

5. Kimo

Kimo Member

I think I am on the latest. 2019.40.2.1. ( And on wifi at home as well.)

6. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

Why would you immediately go to "Lemon Law?" At worst, this is an issue to take it to an SC and get corrected. Lemon Law applies when an item (not just motor vehicles) fails to be corrected after several attempts.