TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Model S Brochure

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lump, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Lump

Lump Active Member

2. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Typo on page 6 -->

"The smart air suspension lowers the car’s height at highway speeds to its reduce frontal area."

Should be -->

"The smart air suspension lowers the car’s height at highway speeds to reduce its frontal area."

3. eco5280

eco5280 Member

That's what always happens with these foreign cars, bad translations. Converting from Californian to English is hard work.

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Cool.

In talking about the front of the car, it says:

This is the first time I've heard of born reinforced steel other than in the roof pillars. I had always understood the front rails ("figure 8" profile) to be aluminum, and with the welding to the rest of the frame here it certainly looks like it:

Tesla3-300-md.jpg

Perhaps they are referring to the small stubs that are for the front bumper attachment?

5. TI Sailor

TI Sailor Member

On the last page, Design your Model S, there are no *asterisks* next to the dual motor, spoiler, red calipers or Next Gen seat options, although we know each of these is presently limited to specific battery size and/or Performance models. I wonder if this is an oversight or an early indication of things to come...

6. sickfox

sickfox Member

Page 11. Instant Screensaver! :wink:

7. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Model S.JPG

8. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

In less than 30 seconds, I spotted a couple of odd things:

1) Page 9: Photos of the interior are old. The rear seat belt slots are no longer straight with a silver trim piece. It has been changed around VIN9xxx. Also the rear headrests are larger in current cars.

2) Page 10: Photos of the interior are old. The dash screen bezel is still showing the old thicker version. And you can tell the stalk is also the older version.

9. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

The front black bumper (the horizontal piece) is boron steel. As far as I'm aware, the double octagonal intrusion beams (or box beams on D's) are aluminum.

Ah jeeze, now I'm wishing I had stuck with black for my new D. <sigh>

10. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Thanks for sharing the new brochure. Nice piece.

11. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

True... the original text was "The car like totally lowers itself when you turn on the 405 near Santa Monica and stays totally low all the way up to Ventura cuz it's like more awesome that way." *hair flick* (just kidding of course - and inspired by The Californians on SNL).

12. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

That's my understanding as well. It seems an odd phrasing in the brochure to say" ...impact absorbing boron steel rails", if it's not the rails, but the bumper, and it's not a plurality of them.

13. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

There's one in the front and one in the back, so maybe there's your plurality? And perhaps that shape of stamping is known as a "rail" in car lingo?

Definitely odd phrasing.

14. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Well, it actually says: "...replaces the heavy engine block with impact absorbing boron steel rails" so it would seem to be speaking about the front, not the back...