Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Model S Brochure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typo on page 6 -->

"The smart air suspension lowers the car’s height at highway speeds to its reduce frontal area."

Should be -->

"The smart air suspension lowers the car’s height at highway speeds to reduce its frontal area."

Cool.

In talking about the front of the car, it says:

...replaces the heavy engine block with impact absorbing boron steel rails

This is the first time I've heard of born reinforced steel other than in the roof pillars. I had always understood the front rails ("figure 8" profile) to be aluminum, and with the welding to the rest of the frame here it certainly looks like it:

Tesla3-300-md.jpg

Perhaps they are referring to the small stubs that are for the front bumper attachment?

On the last page, Design your Model S, there are no *asterisks* next to the dual motor, spoiler, red calipers or Next Gen seat options, although we know each of these is presently limited to specific battery size and/or Performance models. I wonder if this is an oversight or an early indication of things to come...

In less than 30 seconds, I spotted a couple of odd things:

1) Page 9: Photos of the interior are old. The rear seat belt slots are no longer straight with a silver trim piece. It has been changed around VIN9xxx. Also the rear headrests are larger in current cars.

2) Page 10: Photos of the interior are old. The dash screen bezel is still showing the old thicker version. And you can tell the stalk is also the older version.

Cool.

In talking about the front of the car, it says:

This is the first time I've heard of born reinforced steel other than in the roof pillars. I had always understood the front rails ("figure 8" profile) to be aluminum, and with the welding to the rest of the frame here it certainly looks like it:

View attachment 65016

Perhaps they are referring to the small stubs that are for the front bumper attachment?

The front black bumper (the horizontal piece) is boron steel. As far as I'm aware, the double octagonal intrusion beams (or box beams on D's) are aluminum.

Ah jeeze, now I'm wishing I had stuck with black for my new D. <sigh>

That's what always happens with these foreign cars, bad translations. Converting from Californian to English is hard work.

True... the original text was "The car like totally lowers itself when you turn on the 405 near Santa Monica and stays totally low all the way up to Ventura cuz it's like more awesome that way." *hair flick* (just kidding of course - and inspired by The Californians on SNL).

The front black bumper (the horizontal piece) is boron steel. As far as I'm aware, the double octagonal intrusion beams (or box beams on D's) are aluminum.

That's my understanding as well. It seems an odd phrasing in the brochure to say" ...impact absorbing boron steel rails", if it's not the rails, but the bumper, and it's not a plurality of them.

That's my understanding as well. It seems an odd phrasing in the brochure to say" ...impact absorbing boron steel rails", if it's not the rails, but the bumper, and it's not a plurality of them.

There's one in the front and one in the back, so maybe there's your plurality? And perhaps that shape of stamping is known as a "rail" in car lingo?

Definitely odd phrasing.