TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla Model S owner from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mailman, Aug 24, 2018.

1. mailman

mailman Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've recently (21/8/2018) become the owner of a Deep Blue Metallic Model S 75D and had the factory tour in Tilburg (The Netherlands) which was impressive. My past few cars were:

- Volvo V60 D6 Plug-in Hybrid (first experience with plugging :))
    - Audi A6 Avant
    - VW Passat CC
    - MG F 1.8 VVC
    - Audi A4 Avant
    - Seat Leon
    - BMW 3-series touring
    - Lancia Ypsilon
    - Citroen 2CV

I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and make the most out of the Tesla experience. Up till now, it's a real pleasure to drive around in such a car. I've only been driving it for a day, as it is currently at the detailler for a Modesta treatment. I'm still searching through all the menu's to understand where to change certain settings. Something this forum is really helpfull with. I guess I'll be hanging around in the Belgium & Netherlands forum mostly, but noticed that the larger community has more experience, so will hang around on the overall forum too.

• Like x 3
  2. arcus

arcus Active Member

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! :)

3. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Congratulations. You will love the car and hopefully never go back to an ICE. I love your first car (2CV). I wish I could get one of those, converted to an EV of course, here in the US.

4. Tollis

Tollis Tesla model S <3

Congrats :D

5. mailman

mailman Member

Thnx. Couldn't agree more on the 2CV. It's actually been done in the Netherlands already. Site is in Dutch, but you can probably use browser translation: Primeur: eerste elektrische Eend op kenteken

6. Dan77

Dan77 Member

Hi there mailman.

Welcome. Great car list you've got there...especially the 2CV. It was one of my first cars, along with a Dyane. I used to scare the s**t out of my passengers in both of these cars. My passengers were constantly screaming.

For these not in the know, these Citroens would basically corner on their door handles, but still grip and grip on their skinny tyres They had so little power (29 hp) that the way to make fastest progress was to drive them flat out. All the time. Even when the road was less than straight. Which it often wasn't...which added to the fun. Great memories.

Is Tilburg where the MS is "reassembled"?

7. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Thanks for the link. No problem reading the Dutch. The Citroën Méhari is pretty cool too.

8. mailman

mailman Member

Yes, Tilburg is the Tesla assembly place for Europe it seems.