Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla model S owner here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,
so I took delivery yesterday of my 2018 S 75D in red. My first Tesla and it's awesome.
A Tesla approved used vehicle, I'm a bit disappointed that none the things which the sales team agreed would be addressed (couple of paint issues and new headlights) were not done, and the car was delivered without dust caps or a Type 2 cable.
But they delivered (black instead of silver) dust caps and the cable today and it's booked in early July to address the other items.

I got the Samsung T7 SSD for Sentry Mode etc. and that's working, though I did have to manually create the TeslaCam folder. The car's OS couldn't do that and spat out a format error, for some reason. Odd software glitch.

What accessories, here is 2022, would you say I need?
I'm looking at PPF and a screen protector. Anything else?
Many thanks.
IMG_5266[1].JPG

Welcome! Has it had the CCS charger upgrade? That's definitely something I'd want.
It's also nice to see the - get the car to the customer first and then sort out all the issues you should have already sorted out later- experience is applied to the used cars as well as the new ones ;)

Hello folks,
so I took delivery yesterday of my 2018 S 75D in red. My first Tesla and it's awesome.
A Tesla approved used vehicle, I'm a bit disappointed that none the things which the sales team agreed would be addressed (couple of paint issues and new headlights) were not done, and the car was delivered without dust caps or a Type 2 cable.
But they delivered (black instead of silver) dust caps and the cable today and it's booked in early July to address the other items.

I got the Samsung T7 SSD for Sentry Mode etc. and that's working, though I did have to manually create the TeslaCam folder. The car's OS couldn't do that and spat out a format error, for some reason. Odd software glitch.

I'm looking at PPF and a screen protector. Anything else?
Many thanks.View attachment 820463
Welcome to the club
Now that the dashcam loops the storage, SSD is a probably a bit OTT. A Sandisk max endurance SD card and reader is more than adequate for most people should you ever look to change the setup again.
And its heartening for us lowly M3 owners to see you S owners get exactly the same (non) standard of service we do :)

Welcome! Has it had the CCS charger upgrade? That's definitely something I'd want.
It's also nice to see the - get the car to the customer first and then sort out all the issues you should have already sorted out later- experience is applied to the used cars as well as the new ones ;)
Yes, I had the CCS upgrade added. I was told that the MCU had been upgraded to #2 though the car was registered August 2018, so maybe it was build and then there was a delay before registering? Don't know how it works.

I like to have lots of storage on my dashcam so I can make videos, so I don't mind having the T7.

Any other accessories you'd recommend?

New member here, hoping to take delivery of a 2018 Model S too shortly (non Tesla used dealer). So I'm watching with interest!

One thing I've been keen to add is wireless phone charging to mine when it arrives. The green mission one looks neat

Best thing to do with these cars is just to go out and drive, these cars were made to be used, even a 2015 Model S today is as usable (if not more so thanks to lots of extra chargers everywhere as ever! We've been to Europe once already this year, cannot wait for the next trip in a few weeks :).

52107029036_7634560cf4_c_d.jpg

The absolute best' accessory' though for our AP2 car however is firmly in the hands of the EU/UK law makers....In the US owners are finally getting the latest AP code, we are all still waiting here in the Europe :(.

52156533745_33d80ca712_c_d.jpg