TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla Motors app V3

Discussion in 'Model S' started by CharlesP, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CharlesP

CharlesP New Member

Not sure how to get this issue out there.

My new app (Tesla Motors V3 running on an iPhone 7) connects via wifi to my Model S. It retrieves all info for the various screens but I cannot use controls (horn, lights..) these buttons are greyed out. The app gathers the interior temp on the climate screen but greys out the TURN ON button and the adjustable temp arrows. On the summon screen it connects to the car and using the Homelink button in the top right corner I can open and close the garage door all other buttons greyed. I have done all the usual restarts and actually deleted the app from the iphone and reloaded from the App Store.
    Any ideas?

CharlesP

2. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

can you post a screenshot of the problem?

3. 777dgt

777dgt Member

Try two things. First log out and back in on your app. If this doesn't fix it, then disable and then re-enable remote connection in the car settings.

4. CharlesP

CharlesP New Member

Thanks . I have actually deleted the app and reloaded from the app store. I have logged out and back in. I have removed the stay connected check and restored it and stopped and started the wifi.

5. Scott Fairchild

6. Scott Fairchild

I have the same problem on Android. Screen also does not show green indicators, grey only. Screenshot_20170309-050942.png Give me back the one that works. This is not indicative of TESLA quality control. The designer needs to go and work at VW. "If it ain't broke, don't break it."
    Also key fob no longer controls SUMMON feature for Model X. Disappointing.

7. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

That greyed out controls screen shot is in the past ( 10 minutes ago ) and you have to wait until current updating connection is complete as per rotating circular icon at right bottom. The lower message bar will disappear and all will be well. Nothing "broken" here.

• Informative x 1